[Fixed] NPC has disappeared from home and family portrait

by shanicas

Original Post

Re: [Open] NPC has disappeared from home and family portrait

★★★ Newbie

I had the same thing happen, right after I finished a hangout with the npc adult child Sim at the coffee shop. My playable Sim (his dad) returned home, but the npc Sim didn’t return with them, and they disappeared from the family portrait AND the relationship was gone, too (it had only been at a level 1, but still...) THEN, a few days later, I sent one of my playable Sims to the coffee shop and HE was there! I immediately started a new friendship, and completed that friendship, but it never gave me the option to have them move back in. I tried having two other playable Sims from my second house start a friendship, but still...no option to have them move in or even propose. Also—the playable Sims are his dad and siblings, but it just lists him as their friend. It’s like they’re an NPC elder townie, but they’re not! 

Message 21 of 48 (1,965 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same issue. I was about to get level 10 on my relationship status with an NCP and once I clicked the check mark the status was gone. They were also at the coffee shop. I returned home and saw that he was missing from the portrait then I saw him around town and immediately click on him but he was a stranger and the relationship status was gone. I contacted customer service but they just said it was a bug and to report here. It was really frustrating since I spent weeks building that relationship and now it is gone. Another thing that happened a few days ago was that I was working on another relationship and that status achieved level 5 but I didn’t get rewarded with any items. There must be something wrong. I don’t want to progress their relationships if they aren’t going to get any rewards or even a completion of the relationship. It may sound petty but I think I may just stop playing.

Message 22 of 48 (1,920 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The same thing happened to me this morning. The NPC daughter of my main sim disappeared from the house and the family portrait. Hours later, I spotted her at the Market Square. Someone mentioned on the Facebook forum that the same exact thing happened to her. Has this been fixed in anyone's game? Why did it happen and what could've been done to prevent it?

Message 23 of 48 (1,905 Views)

Hero

@tran0328 @shanicas @AbC7359a7533935 @KatCMYK @farklesquad 

This issue is not fixed. If you know other players experiencing the same problem, please ask them to post here. 

Bug reports help TSM team keep track of how widespread an issue is. They investigate the severity of the issue and possibility of getting it fixed.

So, if there are more players whose NPCs have disappeared, they should report it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 24 of 48 (1,893 Views)

Re: [Open] Family NPC go missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My retired sim disappeared from the game yesterday (he was the family patriarch + had loads of relationships going at various levels with his kids, neighbors, etc). I'm really hacked off, since he was the central character of my Simiverse. I've checked both my houses, and searched all over town, but he's just vanished. No trace left, in any relationships nor in the family history/portrait.  Frown

His name is/was Count Onit, and he was a fab, gothic old bloke. I spent countless hours + probably hundreds of dollars putting his dynasty together - and his soulmate misses him.

PLEASE FIX THIS, EA.  Teeth bared

Product: The Sims Mobile

Platform: iOS v13.4

List the specific devices you play with: Apple iPad (6th generation); Apple iPhone 6 Plus

Player ID: 1004728730673

Message 25 of 48 (1,655 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Update!!! Count Onit just showed up, walking down the street outside his old house. Nobody remembers him; he has no relationship with any of his family. Is there some way to move him back into the house, please? I don't know if retired Sims can be invited to come live with their old family. :/
Message 26 of 48 (1,648 Views)

[Open] - Adult NPC son disappears from household after a cafe date

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) samsung galaxy J7 2016
OS Version 8.1.0
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? grown up kid (adult) inactive, full household, one of the room/ housemate starts flirty relation with adult inactive kid to cafe date kid is lost from household completely and from contact list. become plumbob-less sim passing in front of the house
What do you expect to see? the family relation intact
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Indonesia

I have a biological grownup child, and my household is full, so he lives as and adult stranger doing nothing,

then one of my housemate needs quick hangout for llama task so I began relationship with this adult kid since first hangout is super fast,

had a quick date at the cafe, after the date end the kid is then lost from their parents memory, from family portrait, become stranger without plumbob and still walking in front of the house like other game generated sims but not living in the house anymore,

when I use the sim parent to contact him, he is a complete stranger now without "son" label, still using the family name.

I'm fine with the bug, it has the potential to generate new sims pool with good upbringing trait.

thank you, 

stefan

Message 27 of 48 (1,597 Views)

★★ Novice

My favorite retired Sim disappeared during a party at the main house. He did not ask to move out, and still has a wife and kids at the Eco Retreat who miss him! He is gone from the family portrait and gone (not greyed out) from everyone’s contacts. It’s like he never existed. All of my other retired sims, and even sims that I have moved out, still appear (greyed out) in contacts. This is a mystery and I don’t like it. He’s MIA. Frown

Message 28 of 48 (1,542 Views)

Re: [Open] - Adult NPC son disappears from household after a cafe date

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sounds like the same thing which happened with one of my sims in the spring. There’s a bug report for it and common thing seemed to be STS and cafe event.

I haven’t taken any npc family members to the cafe since spring but I was considering making some fresh faces in my town with this since all the townies are senior citizens 😄

edit: added the link

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 29 of 48 (1,510 Views)

Re: [Open] - Adult NPC son disappears from household after a cafe date

Hero

@Ilois4  Thanks. 
@ur0qx14dz771  I'll merge your bug report with the thread mentioned by Ilois4.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 30 of 48 (1,500 Views)