[Fixed] NPC has disappeared from home and family portrait

by shanicas

Original Post

Re: My non playable sim has disappeared from home and family portrait

★★★★ Novice

@Phantomlover1717  absolutely! I recalled that we had a party that day he disappeared. He must have a big night. hahaha
Message 11 of 48 (2,198 Views)

My sims adult child disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone
OS Version Current
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? took one of my previous sims( who is now retired) children to the cafe in parkside for a event with my one current playable sim( who is the disappeared sims cousin). I’ve done this multiple times with no problem. But this one specific time I played the cooking event in parkside with a different playable sim at the same time this other event was taking place. Once both events were over ( specifically the first event which I clicked on after the cooking event) my not in play sim remained at the cafe ( which I thought was a little strange, usually they hurry home immediately). I didn’t think much of it but now that I want to promote that sim plus continue the art friendship story with their cousin, my not in play adult sim has gone missing! Their art friendship story is gone too when I click on their playable cousin sim to see her current stories .
What do you expect to see? My not in play sim at home with her other cousins and other associates. I also expected to see them head home immediately after the event was over especially since I did not remove them from the game
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country US
Additional feedback

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone
OS Version Current
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? took one of my previous sims( who is now retired) children to the cafe in parkside for a event with my one current playable sim( who is the disappeared sims cousin). I’ve done this multiple times with no problem. But this one specific time I played the cooking event in parkside with a different playable sim at the same time this other event was taking place. Once both events were over ( specifically the first event which I clicked on after the cooking event) my not in play sim remained at the cafe ( which I thought was a little strange, usually they hurry home immediately). I didn’t think much of it but now that I want to promote that sim plus continue the art friendship story with their cousin, my not in play adult sim has gone missing! Their art friendship story is gone too when I click on their playable cousin sim to see her current stories .
What do you expect to see? My not in play sim at home with her other cousins and other associates. I also expected to see them head home immediately after the event was over especially since I did not remove them from the game
Connection Type Mobile
Country US
Additional feedback

OS Version Current
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I took one of my previous sims( who is now retired) children to the cafe in parkside for a event with my one current playable sim( who is the disappeared sims cousin). I’ve done this multiple times with no problem. But this one specific time I played the cooking event in parkside with a different playable sim at the same time this other event was taking place. Once both events were over ( specifically the first event which I clicked on after the cooking event) my not in play sim remained at the cafe ( which I thought was a little strange, usually they hurry home immediately). I didn’t think much of it but now that I want to promote that sim plus continue the art friendship story with their cousin, my not in play adult sim has gone missing! Their art friendship story is gone too when I click on their playable cousin sim to see her current stories .
What do you expect to see? My not in play sim at home with her other cousins and other associates. I also expected to see them head home immediately after the event was over especially since I did not remove them from the game.
Connection Type Wifi
Country US
Additional feedback Very strange and first time it happened with out even removing a sim. They are completely missing/gone.

Message 12 of 48 (2,149 Views)

Re: My sims adult child disappeared

★★★ Apprentice

I just found them , they are still at the cafe in parkside. The progress from the art friendship story is gone. My playable sim has to reintroduce themself to their cousin. I doubt they will come home to the girls house(one of the houses I own) like the other adult sim children. Please help! I will send screenshots below. My sim is just like one of the regular towns people now. 

Message 13 of 48 (2,127 Views)

★★★ Novice

This happened to me, too, today.

I had a non playable sim grow up in my main house. An active male sim from the house next door began dating her and was at level 4 in the romantic relationship. After a brief date at the cafe, their relationship vanished, and she disappeared, too. She also no longer appeared in the family photo at the main house.

After looking for her in other households, I found her back at the cafe. She became a stranger to all my sims who had any relationship with her, including her mother. Should I choose to continue playing out her story line, I’ll have to spend/waste time re-establishing other playable sims relationships with her. I’ll have to trust that the servers will save the data correctly and not lose my sim and her relationships again. In short, I’ll need to become 100% gullible.

It bothers me that I spent time “raising” her and real money dressing her up just to have a server glitch (that’s on you, EA) only to have her disappear and then reappear in a lesser state. This game is truly unstable.  EA, you really need to give players a way to restore a saved game from an uncorrupted state *without* us having to bother tech support. Please fix this bug.

Message 14 of 48 (1,988 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I just lost a non playable adult daughter an hour ago. 😢 She’s not in the connections tab anymore or in the family portrait of any of my houses. She was living on my 3rd lot.

I started a quick event with mother and daughter and it was located at the Parkside Cafe. At the same time I moved some heirlooms from my main lot to storage and then to my 3rd lot. One of the heirlooms being the Spirited Friendship which was the storyline between the mother and daughter. So.. I thought that this might have something to do with the mishap.

But reading the above bug report.. I also started STC with another Sim in the Parkside while the mother&daughter in the cafe. After playing the STC I finished the quick event and the daughter continued to hangout in the Parkside and I got only the introduction options instead of starting an event with her. 

I can start a new friendship with her but not the same thing. 😢 This is a sad day 😭

edit: typo

80C96956-6484-4FD3-94EF-B3234B24F125.jpeg

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 48 (1,813 Views)

Babies/Bassinets Missing

★★★ Novice

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 11 Pro Max
OS Version 13.4.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As of yesterday, I had 2 babies in bassinets. Today, they are completely gone — along with the bassinets themselves. The bassinets are not in my inventory and they are not in any of the other houses.
What do you expect to see? The babies to be back? 😫🥴😭🤣
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States
Additional feedback

As of yesterday, I had 2 babies in bassinets. Today, they are completely gone — along with the bassinets themselves. The bassinets are not in my inventory and they are not in any of the other houses. Wtf? Lol

Message 16 of 48 (1,778 Views)

Re: Babies/Bassinets Missing

Hero
@theurbanflair Have you removed the babies in order to add other Sims to your household?
Have you moved the babies to another house and they disappeared?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 17 of 48 (1,764 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SalixCat Nope 😕 I essentially keep all of my kids with 1 adult in a specific house until they are ready to be played/have all 3 Good Upbringing events complete. They literally just vanished!
Message 18 of 48 (1,745 Views)

Hero
@theurbanflair Your bug report is now merged with an existing thread about the same issue where NPCs disappear.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 19 of 48 (1,707 Views)

Re: [Open] NPC has disappeared from home and family portrait

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had this happen to me today.

NPC that was the grown son of one of my playable sims and a retired sim, disappeared from my family portrait. I only have one lot, so all family members are in the same house. I had a sim doing a relationship event at the cafe with the NPC. When the event finished and I clicked the check mark, it said they were strangers and then the NPC vanished from the house, the family portrait and from all my playable sims contacts. I was in chapter 9 of the Study Buddies story with one of them and now it’s just gone. I went back to the cafe and the NPC is there, same outfit and same name, but is a stranger to all my sims. I put a lot of time and simoleons into this character and was planning to promote him to playable the next time I retired one of my sims. Plus, all the progress on my relationship stories is gone.

This is super frustrating and has obviously been happening to people for months. EA needs to fix this issue and do something for all of us who have had it happen. 

Message 20 of 48 (1,562 Views)