[Reopened] - My sim has disappeared after using passive

by Abs2491

Original Post

[Reopened] - My sim has disappeared after using passive

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S7
OS Version 7
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I mean she is one of mine. Her name is Carmen Da Rosa and she is wearing a pink top, patterned pink pants and her hair is up in a high ponytail with a braid. Skinny.
What do you expect to see? My sim back!
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country England

• Hello! I used the passive option which has been working great. Then I saw one of my sims in Parkland but she was old! I was so confused. I went back to portrait and she was completely gone and not in generations. She wasn't retired and was one of my main sims. Can you sort this please? 
Message 1 of 44 (4,918 Views)

Re: My sim has disappeared after using passive

★★ Novice

I didn't select N America lol I am in the UK

Message 2 of 44 (4,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Abs2491Thanks so much for posting about this. It’s really important that it be known, plus you want your game fixed!😊 The technicians know about this issue, not sure if yours is a tiny bit different, but I can assure you it’s being worked on. Sorry you’re having issues! I have a few of my own so I know how it feels.

@Abs2491 I hope @tting you notifies you because I don’t want to start a new post on this. But I just reread your post (just skimmed it the first time, sorry😉😃), and it sounds to me like your Sim has been retired On you. Through this process. I’ll have to read it again to make sure but I really hope this isn’t terribly bad news for this Sim. Hopefully once this issue is resolved that’ll just naturally revert back. Because you may not want one of your retired Sims hanging around town, I don’t know. But best of luck, to both of us, really😊, that this eventually works. 

Message 3 of 44 (4,859 Views)

I lost a passive sim from my portrait

★ Apprentice

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung galaxy S6
OS Version 26.0.0.112050 / 26.0.0 + 112050 (Android on ARM64)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk, I guess by playing the game for a while. My sim was passive for about 2 weeks. I played with others that whole time, didn't make any frequent changes. I have exchanged one of the new ones maybe 2 times to edit one of my kids, but this particular sim was passive this whole time. She also lost her stories when I made her passive, now her grandmother and siblings see her as a stranger.
What do you expect to see? I expect this to be fixed and stopped from happening again. I made a fresh sim start a romantic story with her so I could marry her back. She's one of my oldest characters and I am doing everything I can to bring her back. Please, fix this issue, so we can use this new feature without fear of losing our long-played characters!!! Please
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Ireland

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung galaxy S6
OS Version 26.0.0.112050 / 26.0.0 + 112050 (Android on ARM64)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk, I guess by playing the game for a while. My sim was passive for about 2 weeks. I played with others that whole time, didn't make any frequent changes. I have exchanged one of the new ones maybe 2 times to edit one of my kids, but this particular sim was passive this whole time. She also lost her stories when I made her passive, now her grandmother and siblings see her as a stranger.
What do you expect to see? I expect this to be fixed and stopped from happening again. I made a fresh sim start a romantic story with her so I could marry her back. She's one of my oldest characters and I am doing everything I can to bring her back. Please, fix this issue, so we can use this new feature without fear of losing our long-played characters!!! Please
Connection Type Wifi
Country Ireland

Message 4 of 44 (4,225 Views)

Passive/active issues

★★ Apprentice

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad gen 8
OS Version 14.3
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Keep an eye out for passive sims disappearing from household. 2. Make a sim passive then active again.
What do you expect to see? Sims do not go missing from household or lose contacts.
Connection Type Wifi
Country UK

Two issues with new passive/active feature:

1. Passive sims going missing from household/portrait (luckily I found her and got another sim to marry her back into the household but I shouldn’t need to do this!) I have heard many others have had this issue in the TSM FB group I help run and it’s making us scared to make our favourite sims passive, which makes the new feature a bit pointless.

2. Sims losing contacts/relationship stories when being made passive and active again. For many of us, interacting with our friends’ sims is a big part of what we enjoy. For those who like to switch active/passive sims, it makes starting relationships rather pointless.

Message 5 of 44 (4,681 Views)

★★ Novice
@CharlieDaisy12 Hello! It's so confusing how this happened and was almost done with her storyline. I tried the passive feature and then days later I see my sim retired walking around! EA keep saying they can't do anything which is ridiculous as it's their bug and game!
Message 6 of 44 (4,769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Abs2491It was totally confusing for me, too. I cant understand how a main Sim ends up on the street. It just doesn’t fit with the feel of the game. Unless you’re doing a lot of Rivalry Events, and even then there’s not many, it’s a happy place, somewhere you can go to forget about things and use your imagination. And then enjoy that and share it. There aren’t supposed to be divorced senior citizens wandering in the dark without a warm coat!! Anyway, I’ve been told she’ll leave my game. By two people now, actually. But I’ve also been told the opposite, so we’ll see what happens.

Hopefully when they repair this error your Sim will either come back or leave.😊

Message 7 of 44 (4,764 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Abs2491! Could you DM me your player id to investigate this issue? Thanks

Message 8 of 44 (4,733 Views)

Re: Passive/active issues

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @catvocals! Could you DM me your player ID please? Thanks!

Message 9 of 44 (4,637 Views)

Re: Passive/active issues

★★ Apprentice
@EA_DragonsEye Hi there. I don’t want my game rolling back or anything so not sure if you need my ID. Just wanted to flag this as an issue so it can be fixed and not happen again in future 🙂
Message 10 of 44 (4,622 Views)