Re: Missing internet icon quest

by givememore86

Original Post

[Open] Missing Internet Icon quest

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 5 SE
OS Version iOS 12.3.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003526124909
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lack of internet icon quest in my quest list.
What do you expect to see? Active internet icon quest
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country
Additional feedback

EYesterday I finished the photography career quest and expect it to be followed up by the promised internet icon quest, but nothing appeared. I’ve waited a little now, but still no quest. 

When I finished the photography quest I still had some hours left on the timer. Could the quest possibly trigger at the end of that timer?

Please help as I really don’t want to mias out on this quest.

Thanks

Message 1 of 33 (3,007 Views)

I'm not 100% sure how and when it should trigger. 
The info I have says it triggers after the Photography quest, but you need to be level 15 and up. Do you remember what time you started the Photography quest and if it's exactly 5 days ago?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 33 (2,940 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m level 50. Started the quest a day after the update went live I believe. I’ve  been told others’ quest has started right after they finished the previous quest, hence the slight panic. 

Message 3 of 33 (2,924 Views)

★★★ Pro

@verbalabuzive if you are referring to the Advanced Internet Quest, I did not get it. But if you're talking about the initial internet Quest, I'm thinking you're just going to have to wait. Either way, finishing the photography career did not trigger either of these events for me. I already finished the internet Quest BTW. You know people who got the advanced Internet Quest?

Message 4 of 33 (2,901 Views)

Re: Internet Icon + advanced Quest walkthrough

★★★★ Apprentice

I can’t start the internet career, I’ve completed photography and I’m level 41. Please help. I want to get this career. 

Aaron

Message 5 of 33 (2,884 Views)

@azzajk29 merged your comment with a bug post on the issue. 

@azzajk29 & @givememore86 could you guys share your Player ID with us?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 33 (2,840 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sure Player ID; 1004067577880

Message 7 of 33 (2,819 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks Phantom for asking for the Player IDs!

Have you all previously started the Internet Icon Hobby quest and not completed it? 

Message 8 of 33 (2,819 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No I haven’t even started it at all. I believe, don’t remember seeing the quest line.

Message 9 of 33 (2,792 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello, I'm level 50, finished photography career approx 2-3 mos ago. I've posted to Twitter where EA told me to wait it out. Ive opened cases 2x with AHQ and both were closed,marked as resolved when advice I was given was to uninstall and reinstall. I never got the Internet Icon quest. I DID get the photog quest right after the most recent update but again, I already finished that. I get the sense both quests were somehow tied together by the developers and a lot of mistakes / bugs resulted. Now I wonder whether I'll get the wumples quest on the 13th. But I seriously just wanted something new to do so I was really hoping for Internet Icon. 

They never tied 2 quests together before, did they? Why start now?😕

Player ID#1003761569113

Message 10 of 33 (2,781 Views)