Re: Missing Event Items from “Buy” Tab

by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

[Open] Missing Event Items from “Buy” Tab - After QoL update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X
OS Version 12.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Compare events items from the storage tab to event items located in the “Buy” tab. Specifically these items: Sharp as Attack, A Splash of Dart, Luxurious Bubble Bar, Luxuriously Sumptuous Rug, Luxuriously Lavish Loveseat, Luxurious Hanging Lantern, Horseshoe Pit, Steamy Hot Tub, and the Summer BBQ Grill Deluxe.
What do you expect to see? Since updating, players have noticed that some event items, such as the steamy hot tub and the dartboard, only appear in the “Storage Tab.” Other players have the same event items appear in their “Buy Tab,” and the “Buy Tab” allows the players to purchase additional items. This means that some players can purchase another hot tub or dartboard. It’s not the same for everyone. I expect to see the same event items that appear for some players in the “Buy” tab to appear for all players, provided that they also won the event item and it is also located in their storage.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

For the following pictures, each player previously won/unlocked the event items and currently have them located in their storage tab, but not all players consistently had the event items appear in their “Buy” tab. 

The luxurious hanging lanterns should appear in my Lighting tab. I would like to be able to buy more, like my friend, Yani, can. 

121F7D43-188D-421D-AF84-EBC2CCACAF1B.jpeg

The Steamy Hot Tub does not appear in my Outdoor Items Tab, but does appear in Yani’s Tab. 

19D827E0-BEF3-4653-9D82-32869F316D7E.jpeg

My Summer BBQ Grill Deluxe appears in my Outdoor Items Tab, but does not appear in Yani’s Tab. 

174A9CA7-4967-4035-8EE3-5C146D8BF9A5.jpeg

Yani’s Luxuriously Elegant Mirror appears in her Bedroom Tab, but not mine. 

6D59E93A-B551-4915-B4E7-58C2793CF075.jpeg

My Luxuriously Sumptuous Rug appears in my Floor Decorations Tab, but not Admx’s Tab. 

364E0BC0-A0F5-4441-9333-6307BF5AA172.jpeg

Admx’s Sharp As Attack appears in the Entertainment tab, but not mine. 

CF3EA3C1-1F2D-433C-BDE1-4B3923498009.jpeg

A.K’s Luxuriously Lavish Loveseat appears in her Living Room Tab, but not mine.

DC13F39F-813A-4063-B19D-CB38E66DC011.jpeg

Gabi’s Luxuriously Bubble Bar appears in her Entertainment Tab, but not in mine. 

C6C357D2-EE6E-42BE-AFAE-03FE7EDF43A3.jpeg

Gabi’s Horseshoe Pit appears in her Outdoor Items Tab, but not in mine. 

CFFA0B9B-F663-4FB0-9301-C9E7404E7EED.jpeg

My Splash of Dart appears in my Wall Decorations Tab, but not in Gabi’s Tab. 

C464DEC5-4E66-439A-8B22-51180AE6A956.jpeg

Message 1 of 24 (3,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

A separate, but related issue, is with the Summer BBQ Grill. 

Players who have previously unlocked this item have mixed outcomes. 

1) Some players have a locked grill located in their Buy Tab with bugged text stating they must complete the Country Rococo collection to get the grill. Their grill, albeit locked, is also located in a different spot in the Outdoors Tab from other players who don’t have it locked. 

2) Some players have the grill located in the Buy tab and can purchase more grills, up to a maximum of 5. I’m one of the players who have a grill in Buy Tab and can purchase more. 

3) Some players who have the grill in storage do not see the grill at all in their Buy Tab. 

16870F55-3AB6-4D32-8C94-7E5947BEF572.jpeg

Message 2 of 24 (3,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yani is my nickname in the game and some of my storage screenshots appear in the Mal's posts.

I would like to add that I'm missing a total of 4 items:

• Sharp as Attack (won in the latest live event in May),
  • Luxurious Bubble Bar,
  • Luxuriously Lavish Loveseat (both won in the World of Luxury event in January),
  • Summer BBQ Grill Deluxe (won in the Backyard BBQ in April).

My BBQ actually appears in the end of the 'Outdoor Items' section as a locked item from Country Rococo's collection, which seems like a different bug. But I know there are players who are missing this BBQ like any other item Mal posted. 

image0.png-2.jpeg

Message 3 of 24 (3,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The Knolling bottle nook should also be under the Outdoor Items category. 

I won two of these juice bars by completing the Summer Throwdown League event in August 2018 and the Backyard Barbecue event in April this year. I can purchase two more.

Juice bar.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 24 (3,140 Views)

★★ Novice

This has also happened to me since the Firemonkeys update, so thanks Mal for this post.
Items I have earned as quest rewards and from opening special boxes are only found in my storage and not in the store/buy section.
I have noticed them in the store for other game players to buy but they are missing for me.
These are the missing items from my "buying tab" :

• Luxurious Hanging Lanterns
  • Steamy Hot Tub
  • Horseshoe Pit
  • Summer BBQ Grill
  • Luxuriously Sumptuous Rug
  • Luxuriously Lavish Loveseat
  • Luxurious Bubble Blower
  • Splash of Dart
Message 5 of 24 (3,110 Views)
Highlighted

EA Live QV Team

Thanks all for the reports and the pictures/names of the items Standard smile 

Message 6 of 24 (3,023 Views)

EA Live QV Team

The items that you notice this on, could you tell me what event(s) you received one or more of the items? For example did you receive Luxurious Hanging Lantern during a world of luxury event or the anniversary party? 

Message 7 of 24 (2,999 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaike

Items I have in Buy tab:

- Luxurious Hanging Lanterns - first received during World of Luxury event in January-February, definitely received additional items in Anniversary event.  
- Luxuriously Sumptuous Rug - first received during World of Luxury event in January-February, might received additional items in Anniversary event.  
-  Luxuriously Elegant Mirror - first received during World of Luxury event in January-February, might received additional items in Anniversary event.  

- Splash of Dart - first received in Anniversary event, then another one in Super Throwdown League in May
- Steamy Hot Tub - received in Anniversary event.

Items I don't have in Buy tab: 

- Luxuriously Lavish Loveseat - received during World of Luxury event in January-February.

- Luxurious Bubble Blower -  received during World of Luxury event in January-February.

- Sharp as Attack - received during Super Throwdown League event in May.

Note:   I won Summer BBQ Grill Deluxe during Backyard BBQ event in April. I ended up unlocking the Country Rococo collection and now I have the BBQ unlocked. 

Message 8 of 24 (2,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaike 

For the items I'm missing in my Buy tab:

First Unlocked in the World of Luxury Event in May 2018
(Although, it is possible I unlocked a few additional items in the re-run in January/February 2019, but none in the Anniversary event to the best of my knowledge).

• Luxurious Hanging Lanterns
  • Luxuriously Elegant Mirror
  • Luxurious Bubble Bar (I'm sure I received 2 out of 2 in May 2018)
  • Luxuriously Lavish Loveseat

Unlocked in Harvestfest in October 2018

• Horseshoe Pit

First Unlocked in a Surprise Choice Pop-Up for 2k SimCash
(But also won a 2nd one in the Winter Warm-Up in January 2019)

• Steamy Hot Tub

Unlocked in the Super Throwdown League in May 2019

• Sharp as Attack

For the items I'm NOT missing in my Buy tab:

Summer Backyard Barbecue in July 2018

• Summer BBQ Grill Deluxe (To the best of my knowledge, I won 2 out of 2 in this event)

Unlocked in both World of Luxury Events in May 2018 and January/February 2019

• Luxuriously Sumptuous Rug (But won the majority in January/February 2019, possibly in the March 2019 Anniversary Party event too).

Message 9 of 24 (2,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaikeit looks like the prizes we won in Anniversary event are the ones in the Buy tab. If we won the prizes in other events, they are missing from the Buy tab.

However I'm not sure about Deluxe BBQ Grill - that one didn't appear in the Anniversary event and some of us do have it in the Buy tab.

Message 10 of 24 (2,936 Views)