Re: Missing Career/Hobby Icons on Party-Search: Low-Achieving Parties

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Added to the list. I have one the other way around as well:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Party-Hobby-Work-Items-listed-but-not-at-parties/td-p/701...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 11 of 19 (2,462 Views)

Re: [Open] Certain careers/hobbies not classified properly for parties

@Srenti have you seen any improvements with it lately?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 12 of 19 (1,761 Views)

Hero

@Phantomlover1717 

This is not fixed. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 13 of 19 (2,325 Views)

Re: [Open] Certain careers/hobbies not classified properly for parties

[ Edited ]

Haven't had any replies so I'll have to assume it's fixed. If not, let me know and I'll reopen this post.

Merged posts

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 14 of 19 (1,688 Views)

@familygaming1 & @SalixCat is this still an issue?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 15 of 19 (2,183 Views)

Party Icons Don’t Appear for Dance or Business Careers

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X
OS Version 12.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Place a sim in the Dance or Business career. 2) Ask a friend to host a party and have them place the primary items out for those careers (or any/all of the items for these careers, as it won’t make a difference), 3) Look at the party invite and see that the briefcase icons don’t appear.
What do you expect to see? The briefcase icon (regardless of color) indicate that the host has the primary item out at the party for your sim’s respective career. If the host has the primary items out, then I expect to see the briefcase icon appear under my sim, signaling that the host has the career items. The briefcase doesn’t appear for either of these careers.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback (It would be great if the icon system was reviewed in general, since none of the newer careers got added to the party themes, thus turning icons gold. Or if the icons made a significant impact on parties, like they earned more points, or something, when using the career items at the party, but that’s for another day).

Every career in TSM (except ASOS, Surgeon, and the Hairdresser career) has career collection items AND what my friends and I call “primary items.” Please see my friend’s guide below to see which items we’ve identified as primary items. They are in the first tier and they unlock solo interactions at parties. 

127F5280-E688-4D44-A2E2-05E14AFD99E6.jpeg

Whenever those primary items are out at a host’s party, then the guest sim in that respective career will see a briefcase appear under their picture. If the host does not have the primary item out at all at the party, then no briefcase appears at all. 

Two careers in TSM do not show the briefcase icon under the sim’s picture, despite the host having the primary items at the party. These two careers are the Dance career and the Business career. 

Here are screenshots to show you what I’m looking at:

1) My female sim in the Dance career attended a party where the host had the Checker Me Out Dance Floor out at the party. However, my sim, (who had no hobby assigned at the time), did not appear at all as an ideal attendee. If the icon worked as it should, then my sim’s picture and the briefcase icon would have appeared. 

BDD37494-F28A-4F17-B1C1-C3C312DC83F0.jpeg

2) My male sim in the Business career attended a party where the host had the Classy Beverage Shelf out. My sim’s writing hobby icon appeared (and since it was a studio party the icon turned gold); however, no briefcase icon appeared under my male sim’s picture for the Business career. Had it been working as it should, then the beverage shelf would have prompted my sim to have a briefcase icon appear. 

64C526F9-5AA2-468F-A968-BFD82A789B53.jpeg

Message 16 of 19 (2,160 Views)

Re: Party Icons Don’t Appear for Dance or Business Careers

★★★★ Guide

@Phantomlover1717 

The title of this thread suggests that there are missing hobby icons for parties. That hasn’t been my experience. 

The host of the party has to have the primary item for the hobby in order for the hobby icon to appear. For some hobbies, like the piano and internet icon, those are seen less because fewer players have those hobbies and primary objects out at their house. 

But if other players aren’t ever able to see a hobby icon and it’s missing, then that’s news to me.

Message 17 of 19 (2,104 Views)

@simmerdownMAL 

The title is "Missing Career/Hobby Icons on Party-Search". I think that covers it quite well. Could it be you're looking at the Re: when replying?
This shows the original title. I change the titles to reflect the issues before adding to the bug list. But often the title when responding shows the old title. 
There seems to be both missing bubbles and missing items (see earlier reply by me in this post). 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 18 of 19 (2,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Phantomlover1717Wow, players have been noticing this for quite a while. Someone on this closed thread (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Closed-Certain-careers-hobbies-not-classified-properly-for/td-...) by the name of Greatlyn said exactly what I said back in October. Maybe that thread should be re-opened and linked into this one?

Edit: but I think icons showing up (or not showing up) on the party search bar is a separate issue from purple party interactions showing up (or not showing up) while at a party. These threads with their separate issues are hard to follow. At least they're hard for me to follow.

Message 19 of 19 (2,068 Views)