Re: [Open] Certain careers/hobbies not classified properly for parties

by Axs6730Sxa5568

Original Post

[Open] Missing Career/Hobby Icons on Party-Search

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy J7
OS Version 7.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003877334723
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I search for a party or look at invitations from friends, I notice that only one icon is ever shown: my oldest sim's hobby. But not her career. Even when I know that there are career items matching hers at some of those parties. With my 2 newest sims, neither their careers nor their hobbies are showing when I search for parties. I suspect that the items available at my house are not showing when other people see my party invitations either, and that is why my parties are now poorly-attended and much harder to get to 10.
What do you expect to see? What I expect to see is a visible display of my sims' achievements when I make a selection of which parties they should attend. I also expect other players to be able to see what is available at my house. Basically, parties is broken at the moment.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country UK
Additional feedback Additional feedback : there has been no option to actually post this complaint in my last 3 attempts. The screen keeps returning to 'preview'. This is really unacceptable.

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy J7
OS Version 7.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003877334723
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I search for a party or look at invitations from friends, I notice that only one icon is ever shown: my oldest sim's hobby. But not her career. Even when I know that there are career items matching hers at some of those parties. With my 2 newest sims, neither their careers nor their hobbies are showing when I search for parties. I suspect that the items available at my house are not showing when other people see my party invitations either, and that is why my parties are now poorly-attended and much harder to get to 10.
What do you expect to see? What I expect to see is a visible display of my sims' achievements when I make a selection of which parties they should attend. I also expect other players to be able to see what is available at my house. Basically, parties is broken at the moment.
Connection Type Wifi
Country UK
Additional feedback Additional feedback : there has been no option to actually post this complaint in my last 3 attempts. The screen keeps returning to 'preview'. This is really unacceptable.

OS Version 7.0
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I search for a party I notice that out of my 3 sims, only one hobby icon for only one of my sims is showing! Also, my own parties are very badly attended now and it is much harder to get my parties to 10. I suspect this is because none or virtually none of the achievements of my current sims or my previous generations of sims are showing when my friends and other people search for parties!
What do you expect to see? I expect to see icons for one hobby and one career showing up for each of my 3 sims when I search for parties - or at least when I find a higher-level party. Especially when I am looking at party invitations from friends, when I happen to know that there are hobby and career items in their houses which match my sims!
Connection Type Wifi
Country UK
Additional feedback

Message 9 of 19 (2,844 Views)

[Closed] Certain careers/hobbies not classified properly for parties

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Nexus 5
OS Version Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003105633189
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have Business or Photography as a sim's career, or Yoga as a sim's hobby; 2. See that the sim never gets the proper career/hobby icon for any party and attend anyway; 3. Find that there is the object at the party for the career/hobby interactions, but shown under a party "balloon" icon instead of a career "case" or hobby "puzzle piece" icon
What do you expect to see? Careers and hobbies should show up properly with their icons on the party invitations and at parties interactions
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

Certain careers and hobbies aren't classified properly for parties right now. The interactions are all still there, but with a balloon icon instead, so you can't see whether or not these affected careers/hobbies will actually be there before you attend. They appear on the party invitations.

So far, I can personally confirm it affects Business, Photography, and Yoga, but there may be more.

Message 1 of 19 (2,892 Views)

Re: Yoga not showing as a hobby for parties

Could you share some screenshots?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 19 (2,848 Views)

Re: Yoga not showing as a hobby for parties

★★★ Apprentice

01.jpg

Example of career working properly (DJ): appears in invitation, appears as career icon at party, has career actions.

02.jpg

Example of hobby working properly (Guitar): appears in invitation, appears as hobby icon at party, has hobby actions.

03.jpg

Career not working properly (Photography): missing in invitation, appears as generic balloon icon at party, has career actions (separate bug: missing career XP)

04.jpg

Career not working properly (Business): missing in invitation, appears as generic balloon icon at party, has career actions.

05.jpg

Hobby not working properly (Yoga): missing in invitation, appears as generic balloon icon at party (ignore that it's not showing here, I can confirm from dozens of other parties, even my own, that Yoga gets a balloon icon too; this party just happened to have a blocked object, which is a separate issue affecting the yoga mat and medical treadmill), has career actions.

Message 3 of 19 (2,809 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

This also affects the Concert Grand Piano. When displayed, it offers no hobby actions at all, yet the beginner piano does. 

Message 4 of 19 (2,728 Views)

@Axs6730Sxa5568 & @Srenti has this changed at all with previous updates?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 19 (2,605 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Phantomlover1717 Photography and Yoga have been fixed. The Business career still has this issue; the drink rack still shows instead a balloon icon for its actions with no indication on invitations for them.
Message 6 of 19 (2,577 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The business and dance instructor careers are not correctly identified.
Message 7 of 19 (2,426 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Following up on this report from May that this issue still affects the Business career's Beverage Shelf at parties, as well others as reported above that I can't personally confirm at the moment. The rest are working, now.
Message 8 of 19 (2,262 Views)

Re: Missing Career/Hobby Icons on Party-Search: Low-Achieving Parties

Hero

Same issue here. On top of that there are no bubble signs on some of the career or hobby items. I've noticed piano doesn't have it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 10 of 19 (2,795 Views)