[Open] Levelling up account while at a party and not getting extra energy

by michellechingg

Original Post

[Open] Levelling up account while at a party and not getting extra energy

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6s
OS Version 11.4.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003464291152
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be close to levelling up, attend a party as soon as another (for example, hobby) event is on its last few minutes so the sim "completes" the event AT the party and gives enough XP to level up the actual account. The pink checkmark would show up above the sim that is at the party, and the levelling up screen would pop up after tapping it. But after returning home from the party, all sims' energy wasn't filled up like how levelling up usually does.
What do you expect to see? After levelling up, all sims should have 30/30 energy replenished. Instead, they were each left at 3-5/30 due to me using up the energy in preparation of levelling up. I assume this happened because the levelling up occurred at a party? Anyways, I had to wait for the energy to refill manually instead of being rewarded it after levelling up!
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada
Additional feedback

I hate accidentally levelling up when my sims are at full energy already (so I can't benefit from the extra rewarded energy), and this time I actually planned it out to use up the energy before levelling, and never got the energy... RIP my luck.

Message 1 of 22 (6,709 Views)

Re: Levelling up account while at a party and not getting extra energy

I'll give this a test!

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 22 (6,633 Views)

Sorry for the very late reply, I've tested this. Even at home the energy doesn't get refilled. So maybe that's a feature they took out?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 22 (6,551 Views)

★ Expert

@Phantomlover1717 when you throw a party, some interactions will actually eat your energy and not give you free party energy. This started happening with the patch issued before the waterfront patch.  I don't know if EA changed something in the way of how energy gets used when you throw a party or it is a bug but I have it too. My energy has gone down from doing party interactions . It never use to before the patch I mentioned  

Message 4 of 22 (6,539 Views)

Re: [To test] Levelling up account while at a party and not getting extra energy

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I can confirm, I have had this bug. It is because you were at the party. I also used up all my energy in preperation for leveling at someones party and getting it all back. Except it didn't come back. However, it always comes back anywhere else other than someone elses party. 

Message 5 of 22 (6,431 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That is weird. I still get energy if I level up at home. But not if I was at a party.

Message 6 of 22 (6,384 Views)

Re: [Open] Levelling up account while at a party and not getting extra energy

★★★★ Novice

Having the same problem. It was almost my bedtime but I have found that my level XP bar is near the end, so I decided to eat a party cake to boost my energy and earn some more XP. It turned out that I leveled up but my energy bars of any of my sims were not filled up. I should have gone to bed earlier and just forgot about the level XP bar.

Message 7 of 22 (6,176 Views)

When you level up while at a party your sims do not recieve an energy recharge?

★★ Newbie

Why is this? I feel like I’ve been duped, and now I have to wait hours to play again. You should get an energy recharge when you level up for all of your sims, whether you’re at a party or not. None of my sims regained energy. The inconsistencies in this game make me not want to play it anymore.

Message 8 of 22 (6,043 Views)

Re: When you level up while at a party your sims do not recieve an energy rechar

Hero

Hi @alex2richardson 

Thanks for letting us know. This is unfortunately a known issue. We have merged your post with the bug report.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 9 of 22 (6,029 Views)

Re: When you level up while at a party your sims do not recieve an energy rechar

★ Apprentice

I'm confused. I used to be able to get to 3 stars at every party & now my energy runs out before I can get there. There's no cake except for at a "Birthday" party so I can't replenish my energy at a foodie or art party. Did something change? How do I replenish energy & get to 3 stars now without having to spend sim cash? It seems to run out right before it hits 3 stars now.

Message 10 of 22 (5,948 Views)