[Open] - Izzy item unavailable after removing a Sim

by catvocals

Original Post

[Open] - Izzy item unavailable after removing a Sim

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) IPad8
OS Version Ios14.5.1
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Remove some sims from your household. Occasionally they won’t turn old. When that happens, any Izzy item they were wearing becomes locked in your closet so you can’t delete it or get another sim to wear it.
What do you expect to see? When removed, Sims turn old and any Izzy item they are wearing becomes available for others to wear again.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country UK

I removed a few sims the other day, including my sim Luna and her daughter Maya. Later I discovered that the Izzy item Luna had been wearing was showing as locked because Luna was wearing it, even though she had left my household. I got another sim to call her over and realised she hadn’t turned old. Her daughter WAS showing as old, though. I am now in the process of marrying Luna back into the household so I can use the Izzy item again. This is quite frustrating. 

Message 1 of 20 (2,485 Views)

Re: Izzy item unavailable after removing a sim

★★★★★ Guide
@catvocals You can also try giving her a makeover,might save you the time into marrying her back .
Message 2 of 20 (2,465 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @catvocals! This issue has been already reported recently. However, @GhostFreeek had a great idea and I tested it, and works as a workaround until the bug gets fixed.
If any of your sims have a relationship with the removed sim, try calling the Sim over and give it a makeover. 

Message 3 of 20 (2,450 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_DragonsEye Ohhhh thanks, I didn’t think of that, but I have married her back into my household now so it’s all sorted 😁
Message 4 of 20 (2,430 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@GhostFreeek Great idea! Thanks. I married her back in but this would have been easier. 😂
Message 5 of 20 (2,429 Views)

Izzy's items locked by removed/retired Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S10+
OS Version 11
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Retire or remove a sim wearing an izzy item. This item is now in use by the retired/removed sim and is locked
What do you expect to see? to not occur
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country NL

When retiring or removing a sim wearing IZZY's, that item is locked because still worn by retired/removed sim

Message 6 of 20 (2,395 Views)

Re: Izzy's items locked by removed/retired Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Simmer on Reddit

Link

44.png

2138cf6.jpg

Message 7 of 20 (2,391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Simmer on Reddit

Link

22.png

Message 8 of 20 (2,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Simmer on Twitter

Link

33.png

Message 9 of 20 (2,388 Views)

Hero
@ani_fl00 What happens is you change the Sim's outfit on CAS?
For example, if the Sims is wearing an Izzy jacket, change it for a regular item from the Tops category.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 10 of 20 (2,304 Views)