Re: izzy effects not showing up in family portrait or game after moving out sims

by 147green14244

Original Post

[Open] Izzy effect not visible in family portrait after retirement

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy s7
OS Version android 8.0.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003679682553
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move one of your sims out to another player's home with an izzy item and the item will no longer have an effect on your end of the game
What do you expect to see? The effect of the izzy item to show up on the sim when they're still around town and in the portrait
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country U.S
Additional feedback

I let three of my sims move away into another players household. They each had an izzy item with them. But when I moved them out, the izzy item became a dud and doesn't give off the effect anymore.

Edit: ti clarify, I understand that the other person that receives my sim would lose out on the izzy item, but the item should still show up for me when those sims are still around town and in the portrait.

PSX_20191109_031634.jpgScreenshot_20191109-030813_The Sims.jpg

Message 1 of 7 (1,036 Views)

Re: izzy effects not showing up in family portrait or game after moving out sims

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @147green14244 ! I think you are reporting 2 things:

1) After moving a sim out you can't see the Izzy animation on their clothes when encountering them on town.

2) After moving a sim out you can't see the Izzy animation on their clothes on the portrait.

The first one I think is by design, once you don't have the sim anymore is in someone else's possession and if they don't have the clothes effect you should not be able to see that effect. Like with any other sim you are seeing what that other player put them on. However, I am going to consult this to be totally sure.

The second one, I think is an issue. The sims wore those clothes when it was last with you and the fact that is no longer with you should not make a difference.

Message 2 of 7 (970 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_DragonsEye

thank you for looking into the first issue. I had a guy sim move out a few weeks back and I do believe I saw him with a working Izzy outfit for the couple of days I kept that generation around...

and that same guy sim still has his outfit working in the portrait so i was bummed when this gen didn't have theirs working. I even moved out my third sim to see if it was an issue or something messed up when I moved out the first two.
Message 3 of 7 (959 Views)

@147green14244 I'm not seeing this issue (anymore) in my game, how is your game?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 7 (757 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Phantomlover1717 nope, not fixed. these are my sims I moved out to a friend. they had izzy bracelets and they don't work now in the portrait.

20200330_165136.jpg

Message 5 of 7 (733 Views)

Oh no! Do you see the same thing on recently retired Sims if you have any @147green14244 ?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 7 (704 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Phantomlover1717 This is not a problem with retired sims. it is a problem with sims I had given away to friends aka moved out.

they had izzy items. when they moved away, the effect stopped showing up.

see here: I had this sim, he had the angelic bracelet Screenshot_20200331-182723_The Sims.jpg

I asked my friend to take him from me and move him into their home. and so when he left he was wandering around without the effect.

Before and after:

PSX_20200331_183208.jpg

and here he is in the portrait now

Screenshot_20200331-183031_The Sims.jpg

I did not remove the bracelet, you can see he still has it on. This is my most recent sim. I moved him out today.

Message 7 of 7 (679 Views)