by Hannahmypet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] Items not unlocked/relocking at proper level

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Huawei
OS Version 6.0.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003510792840
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the store after leveling up, I suppose
What do you expect to see? Baby items unlocked for a player who is at the proper level
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback Closing and reopening the app did not fix the problem, nor did restarting my phone. No other collection has been affected as far as I can tell, just the baby items. EDIT: Checked again, all items (both home and fashion) that unlock at level 11 appear to be locked.

Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Huawei
OS Version 6.0.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003510792840
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the store after leveling up, I suppose
What do you expect to see? Baby items unlocked for a player who is at the proper level
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback Closing and reopening the app did not fix the problem, nor did restarting my phone. No other collection has been affected as far as I can tell, just the baby items.

EDIT: Checked again, all items (both home and fashion) that unlock at level 11 appear to be locked.
‌When I reached level 11, I immediately bought a baby bassinet but held off on buying toddler items until my baby aged up. The next time I loaded the game, when I went to purchase more baby items, they showed the lock and "unlock at level 11" message even though I was already level 11! Now I'm level 12 and the child items that unlock at that are available, but not the basics, which is an issue because now I have a toddler and no way to take care of her. Attached screenshot is a little messy, but you can see what I mean.

Message 1 of 36 (5,990 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stickers

EA app Team
Great, @jdearles, thanks for confirming!

I'm going to mark this thread as solved, but we would still like to hear from you, *specially* if you are experiencing this after today's/yesterday's update.

Thanks!
-Mai

View in thread

Message 23 of 36 (6,350 Views)

All Replies

Medical career not unlocking.

★★ Novice

I am having trouble unlocking the medical career it says player level 9 but I am at 12.

Message 2 of 36 (5,525 Views)

Level locked items not unlocking

★★★ Newbie
I have more than several items that are locked, and say they're unlocked at different player levels. Im level 14, but I still have items locked that say they're unlocked at player level 8. I'm not sure what's going on with that?
Message 3 of 36 (5,817 Views)

Items aren’t unlocking

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7
OS Version iOS 11.2.6
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003452934484
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the buying menu.
What do you expect to see? Items unlocking once required level is reached.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country Australia
Additional feedback Items aren’t unlocking when I reach the levels required. I am currently level 10 and cannot purchase items that are supposed to be unlocked at level 8. Items include basic stove, sage kitsch, nuke-it microwave and crisponix refrigerator.
I have tired closing app completely, deleting and re-installing and restarting phone. None of these fixed the issue.
‌Please help.
Message 4 of 36 (5,827 Views)

Re: Medical career not unlocking.

★★★ Newbie
I’m in the same boat. I’m at level 13. I unlocked medical and fashion but can’t switch. It won’t let me. I have 3 sims and I can’t give one of them a career or a hobby.
Message 5 of 36 (5,503 Views)

Re: Medical career not unlocking.

Could you make a new bug post in the bug forum?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en

A new post asks a bit more information which can help solve the issue. 

Some screenshots would be helpful!

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 36 (5,486 Views)

Re: Items aren’t unlocking

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same issue, I'm level 15, though, and my level 8 items still haven't unlocked.
Message 7 of 36 (5,794 Views)

Baby Items Previously Opened Have Now Locked - unable to progress

★ Novice

Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7
OS Version iOS 11.2.6
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002980806497
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug occurs upon "unlocking" the items required to start a family i.e. the bassinet etc at level 11. Upon reaching level 11 the items successfully unlocked and the quests to purchase items and start a family opened up to me. I was able to build the room however I did not have enough funds for the bassinet so I purchased the mobile (as I could afford that at least) and sent my sims off to work to continue levelling and earning some coins to purchase bassinet. I also completed the daily to do list before getting on with RL. Later that day when I returned to the game I noticed the to do list had reset (no biggy I can complete it pretty quickly) however I now had enough coins to purchase bassinet so I went in to purchase one and all the items previously open to me were now locked again saying I had to be level 11 - which I was. I then decided to keep playing through to next level up in case it nudge it in to action but at both level 12 and 13 this now remains locked and I am unable to progress.
What do you expect to see? See above
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Europe
Country United Kingdom
Additional feedback I have spent just short of £50 so far in game so have not attempted to delete and reload for fear of losing all of my purchases and progress to date!

The bug occurs upon "unlocking" the items required to start a family i.e. the bassinet etc at level 11. Upon reaching level 11 the items successfully unlocked and the quests to purchase items and start a family opened up to me. I was able to build the room however I did not have enough funds for the bassinet so I purchased the mobile (as I could afford that at least) and sent my sims off to work to continue levelling and earning some coins to purchase bassinet. I also completed the daily to do list before getting on with RL.

Later that day when I returned to the game I noticed the to do list had reset (no biggy I can complete it pretty quickly) however I now had enough coins to purchase bassinet so I went in to purchase one and all the items previously open to me were now locked again saying I had to be level 11 - which I was. I then decided to keep playing through to next level up in case it nudge it in to action but at both level 12 and 13 this now remains locked and I am unable to progress.

Message 8 of 36 (5,772 Views)

Izzys fashion shop and stickers locked

★★ Novice

Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Galaxy tab
OS Version Android 7.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003025480928
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on izzys fashion shop shows in game shows 'requires player level 5' even though I am level 8. Likewise if you want to give a sticker to another player the sticker tab is greyed out and says it needs to be unlocked at level 5.
What do you expect to see? Izzys show accessible and sticker button not greyed out and inaccessible
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country United Kingdom
Additional feedback As above, these level 5 content are locked despite being higher than level 5. Any help is appreciated, ea help sent a generic email about what izzys shop does when I reported the bug

The inability to access stickers also means I can never complete the daily to do lists as stickers need to be given to players

Message 9 of 36 (5,731 Views)

Re: [Open] Items not unlocked/relocking at proper level

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
PlatformAndroid Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Huawei Mate 10
OS Version: 8.0.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002979671902
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Can't purchase items even though level requirement met
What do you expect to see? Shop items unlocked for a player who is at the proper level
Connection Type WiFi
Please select your region Kuala Lumpur
Country Malaysia
Additional feedbackasd

Message 10 of 36 (5,676 Views)