by Ilois4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed?] - Items missing from normal view and seen only in build view

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) 6th gen
OS Version 14.0.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do risky action and the game zooms in to the sims and some items on the walls disappear.
What do you expect to see? Wall decorations and items which have to be placed near walls showing normally.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Finland

After the update the risky action zooms near the sims differently than before and the items on the walls disappear from view. Also some items that have to be placed near the wall like fireplaces disappear. After risky action the items can only be seen in build view.

This seems to affect the whole house, various wall lamps, paintings, clocks, vanities etc. and other lots but I can see in my game that some paintings and vanities are seen ok.

Closing and reopening the game fixes the view back to normal with all the items.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 24 (3,576 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bathroom sinks not showing in bathrooms

Hero

@AmySupFan @Ilois4 @CharlieDaisy12 @teh_niklas @passionatepolly @hellobyrdie @ApplurpleFox0314 @Philo555 @passionatepolly 

Are these issues fixed for you?

• Wall mounted items should no longer disappear when exiting Build/Buy Mode
  • The camera should now behave normally during risky actions

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/26th-of-October-Haunted-Halloween-Bug-Fix-List...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

View in thread

Message 22 of 24 (2,790 Views)

All Replies

Re: Items missing from normal view and seen only in build view

Hero
Wanted to add that the items missing seem to be placed on the inner walls. Items placed on the outer walls are visible normally.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 24 (3,515 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Now having issues with items on outer wall disappearing including sweet treat showdown fountain and fireplaces. 

Message 3 of 24 (3,497 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Closing returns the items for a period of time then they disappear again. 

Message 4 of 24 (3,496 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too! Only the weird thing is that the only things that disappear are all my bathroom sinks! (This is frustrating with llama zoom tasks, but it worked in the end, I think it has something to do with what actions in events you did last?)

The new risk action thing is annoying because I have to manually zoom out myself. 

Hopefully after the university event things will go back to normal or this bug gets fixed.

(I tried to attach a video but it's size was too large. ) 

Message 5 of 24 (3,482 Views)

Hero

@hellobyrdie @ApplurpleFox0314 

What kind of device do you use, model and OS version?

Please share some screenshots that illustrate the issue. Also the names of the objects that are hidden.

The team is looking into this issue. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 6 of 24 (3,466 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am using iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14.0.1. I tried attaching pictures but would not let me. I added a link to Reddit with the pictures. Multiple wall decor is missing ie vanities, wall art, fireplaces and now this STS fountain that was placed on an exterior wall facing the street. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/SimsMobile/comments/j2zzgq/fountain_disappeared_fountain_placed_on_exterior...

Message 7 of 24 (3,388 Views)

Vanishing vanity

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Razer Phone
OS Version Android Version 9
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Potentially by having a Llama Zoom Task at a vanity sink, but I am not certain.
What do you expect to see? The vanity sink is invisible and unselectable in play mode, but still visible in build mode.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

After failing the last few Llama Zoom Tasks due to the stereo bug (documented elsewhere), I followed the community advice and removed all stereos from the lot. However, now the vanity sink is invisible and unselectable, making it impossible to complete yet another LZ challenge.

I am unsure if this bug is related to the ongoing LZ Bugs from the latest update, or a separate issue entirely, nevertheless a rapid fix would be greatly appreciated.

I attempted to remedy the situation by purchasing a more expensive vanity sink, but the new vanity was also invisible, see attached screenshots.

Message 8 of 24 (3,269 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi all! This is indeed related to the risky action animations during events. While we are working on a fix, in the meantime if you let the risky action animations play out instead of interrupting/skipping them, your wall-mounted stuff shouldn't disappear.

Message 9 of 24 (3,358 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the update!

Message 10 of 24 (3,349 Views)