by DVB_DieVonBlau

Original Post

Highlighted

[Open] It's day when it's night and night when it's day

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) 7
OS Version 13.3
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002980235523
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I live in Germany and as you can see from the screenshots the day/night cycle doesn’t match with my phone's settings. This afternoon at 2-3 pm, it was night in my game. Now it is 11 pm and the sun shines on my Sims. I’ve checked twice or even more the settings both in game and on my phone. They are all right. What can I do?
What do you expect to see? I’d like to see the issue solved because it’s annoying to see nighttime while I play during the day, and viceversa.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany
Additional feedback

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) 7
OS Version 13.3
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002980235523
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I live in Germany and as you can see from the screenshots the day/night cycle doesn’t match with my phone's settings. This afternoon at 2-3 pm, it was night in my game. Now it is 11 pm and the sun shines on my Sims. I’ve checked twice or even more the settings both in game and on my phone. They are all right. What can I do?
What do you expect to see? I’d like to see the issue solved because it’s annoying to see nighttime while I play during the day, and viceversa.
Connection Type Wifi
Country Germany
Additional feedback

OS Version 13.3
Connection Type Wifi
Country Germany
Additional feedback

Message 1 of 10 (1,077 Views)

Re: New update day/night cycle not working

@DVB_DieVonBlau that is strange. From what I can tell the time isn't linked to your devices time, so it's probably a server time that is wrong. 
I'll add it to the bug list, hopefully, they can fix this very easily and fast. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 10 (1,058 Views)

★ Novice

@Phantomlover1717 wrote:

@DVB_DieVonBlau that is strange. From what I can tell the time isn't linked to your devices time, so it's probably a server time that is wrong. 
I'll add it to the bug list, hopefully, they can fix this very easily and fast. 

Thank you. As I said, I’ve double checked everything, my phone’s settings are correct: time zone Berlin, region Germany. The game’s settings are also correct, but the cycle doesn’t match at all Frown

Message 3 of 10 (1,032 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@DVB_DieVonBlau

Have you tried using both Data and WiFi to see if that changes anything?
Could you also try changing your clock and timezone to something way off, like Australia or New Zealand? Just temporarily for troubleshooting.

Message 4 of 10 (949 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Kipling wrote:

@DVB_DieVonBlau

Have you tried using both Data and WiFi to see if that changes anything?
Could you also try changing your clock and timezone to something way off, like Australia or New Zealand? Just temporarily for troubleshooting.

Thanks for the response.

Apparently I have this issue because when I first started playing TSM I was in Shanghai, China. That means that my phone now is correctly set according to the European Time Zone, but my game is still set to the Chinese one. 

I really don’t know what to do Frown

Message 5 of 10 (930 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@DVB_DieVonBlau Excellent, that makes perfect sense. So at least there's a reason why the game thinks it's showing you the correct Day/Night cycle.

There might not be much troubleshooting you can do to fix it for now, but I'll feed this back to the studio.

Message 6 of 10 (916 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Kipling wrote:

@DVB_DieVonBlauExcellent, that makes perfect sense. So at least there's a reason why the game thinks it's showing you the correct Day/Night cycle.

There might not be much troubleshooting you can do to fix it for now, but I'll feed this back to the studio.

Thank you very much Standard smile hopefully the issue can be fixed

Message 7 of 10 (851 Views)

@DVB_DieVonBlau we've seen some updates, have you seen any improvements @DVB_DieVonBlau?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 10 (723 Views)

★ Novice

@Phantomlover1717 wrote:

@DVB_DieVonBlau we've seen some updates, have you seen any improvements @DVB_DieVonBlau?

@Phantomlover1717 Hello Standard smile no unfortunately it is still all messed up in my game. I’ve tried to set it with the automatic shift and it gets dark in the game at 4 pm German time, when it’s actually daylight! Also, I get the animation night/day (you know the one where you can see the moon and The sun and you then get a summary of you stickers) at about 8/9 pm (evening German time).
So right now I’m still switching day/night manually, it’s the only thing I can do.

Message 9 of 10 (703 Views)

Sorry to hear @DVB_DieVonBlau! I think the game should switch with you no matter where you're going. Strange that it doesn't. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 10 (678 Views)