[Open] - Issues with Balsa counters

by danopticon

Original Post

[Open] - Issues with Balsa counters

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Apple 128GB iPad Air (Wi-Fi + 4G LTE, Silver) ME988LL/A
OS Version iOS 11.2.5 (15D60)
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003730732306
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Place the object “balsa inner corner counter” in an inner corner of a room adjacent to another room. 2) Proceed normally, by placing objects on the balsa counter, or on a shelf placed above the counter, or on a tabletop near the counter, or in an adjacent room near the wall the “balsa inner corner counter” shares. 3) Wait (x)-period of time. I’m not sure how long this takes to happen, but eventually there will come a time when placing objects on that counter, or on a shelf above that counter, or on a table near that counter, or even on the floor in another room on the other side of a wall from that counter, will suddenly start getting flagged with the red “forbidden” transparency. At that point, editing that counter will show it is now rejecting where it’s been placed. Taking no action after choosing “edit” will leave that counter in place, but if that counter is moved and the green “accept” check is chosen, upon further editing that counter cannot be replaced to the spot where it had already been placed for some time. Very odd, almost as if that counter had suddenly switched placement rules with some other object. This will not occur with every balsa counter, incidentally: I’ve had five “balsa inner corner counters” and many more regular “balsa counters” placed on the game plane, and only three so far have developed this aberrant behavior.
What do you expect to see? I’m not sure what you mean by this question. If you mean how do I expect the game to behave, I would think that once an object had been placed and had been interacted with for some time, that it would not suddenly start behaving differently, impacting the placement of other objects in the same room but at a distance from it, or even the placement of objects in an adjacent room. I would also not expect one object to begin behaving strangely while another object identical to it behaved as per usual.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States of America
Additional feedback Bug seems related to the placement of objects in the “balsa counter” category, usually the object “balsa inner corner counter” but sometimes the basic object “balsa counter.” Object can be placed normally and behaves normally at first (as do objects around it), but over time object seems to develop placement rules of “balsa outer corner cabinet” or of some other object entirely, causing objects nearby it, above it, or even in an adjacent room from it to reject placement, and causing the object itself, if edited, to reject its own already-established placement.

Bug seems related to the placement of objects in the “balsa counter” category, usually the object “balsa inner corner counter” but sometimes the basic object “balsa counter.” Object can be placed normally and behaves normally at first (as do objects around it), but over time object seems to develop placement rules of “balsa outer corner cabinet” or of some other object entirely, causing objects nearby it, above it, or even in an adjacent room from it to reject placement, and causing the object itself, if edited, to reject its own already-established placement.

1) Place the object “balsa inner corner counter” in an inner corner of a room adjacent to another room. 2) Proceed normally, by placing objects on the balsa counter, or on a shelf placed above the counter, or on a tabletop near the counter, or in an adjacent room near the wall the “balsa inner corner counter” shares. 3) Wait (x)-period of time. I’m not sure how long this takes to happen, but eventually there will come a time when placing objects on that counter, or on a shelf above that counter, or on a table near that counter, or even on the floor in another room on the other side of a wall from that counter, will suddenly start getting flagged with the red “forbidden” transparency. At that point, editing that counter will show it is now rejecting where it’s been placed. Taking no action after choosing “edit” will leave that counter in place, but if that counter is moved and the green “accept” check is chosen, upon further editing that counter cannot be replaced to the spot where it had already been placed for some time. Very odd, almost as if that counter had suddenly switched placement rules with some other object.

This will not occur with every balsa counter, incidentally: I’ve had five “balsa inner corner counters” and many more regular “balsa counters” placed on the game plane, and only three so far have developed this aberrant behavior.

Message 2 of 5 (3,809 Views)

Balsa counters and cabinets going through walls

★★ Novice

The balsa counters and cabinets go through the walls. This is a problem because I can’t Putnam objects on the other side of the wall. Attached is a picture showing how I can find put a lamp in one room because of the counters in the other room and a photo of the cabinet showing through the exterior wall.

Message 1 of 5 (3,769 Views)

Re: Balsa counters and cabinets going through walls

@jessi7997 & @danopticon how are the Balsa counters doing in your games?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 5 (3,513 Views)

Re: Balsa counters and cabinets going through walls

Haven't had a reply, so I'm closing this report. Please let me know if you still have this issue so I can reopen it.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 5 (3,394 Views)

Re: [Open] - Issues with Balsa counters

★★★ Newbie
@danopticon I'm having this issue
Message 5 of 5 (1,416 Views)