Re: Task resets hours later

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Task resets hours later

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) LG G6
OS Version 8
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003539175038
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Many times I have set a character to do a task, and I come back hours later, the time clock starts over again and the character still has say, 5 hours left until the task is complete but it should be near completion at that point.
What do you expect to see? The task clock says 5 or many hours remaining, even after I have been gone the allotted time. It still occurs even after I have dwindled dome time using stars/life.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country United States
Additional feedback

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) LG G6
OS Version Android 8
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003539175038
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I set a character to do a task, I'll go back say 3 hours later and the time resets for that task so you have to start over. Even if I've used some stars to dwindle the time, it's happening more frequent now.
What do you expect to see? I'll set a character to do a long quest, and I'll use some stars/have them do actions to make sure it took, then hours later I check back and it still says the same amount of time remaining, like 5 hours.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country United States
Additional feedback I really enjoy this game but this bug makes me not want to play anymore :/

Message 31 of 58 (1,194 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for the report @Sophrenia. Do you remember an exact time the last time this happened in your game? And how is your internet connection? Have you gotten the 'wheres the network' pop up recently? 

Message 32 of 58 (1,172 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

The last it happened was yesterday around 5mst. It's happened on different networks and while on 4G, that network question has popped up for me before but I don't think it did yesterday Standard smile 

Message 33 of 58 (1,161 Views)

(The Sims Mobile) Why does the progress on my sim's event reset?

★★★ Novice

In the Sim's Mobile I set my sim to work a standard shift: 3 hrs at around 1 am. At 11 this morning I check my notifications and it says she's done, so I open the game. Just like normal, the sunrise animation plays, I get my bonuses, the usual. I click on her and I realize it still shows the pink star. At the restaurant, I see the timer is still at 3 hrs, the progress bar is still gray, and she is still working in her chef outfit. Why does this happen? This is at least the 3rd time and I don't want to waste 59 Sim Bucks to skip the progress. Someone please explain 😣

Message 34 of 58 (1,181 Views)

Re: (The Sims Mobile) Why does the progress on my sim's event reset?

★★★★ Expert

This is definitely a bug, @AmethystLeopard2. Please refer to this link for further discussion: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Info-needed-Hours-pass-but-Sims-don-t-finish-their-work/m...

CC: @Phantomlover1717

Message 35 of 58 (1,167 Views)

Re: (The Sims Mobile) Why does the progress on my sim's event reset?

@AmethystLeopard2 merged your post with the bug post. Please have a peek at the solution for some info we would like to gather on this issue.

Thanks for the heads up @terogamusaudiHaz!

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 36 of 58 (1,164 Views)

@SimGuruMaaike & @Sophrenia merged with a post on this issue. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 37 of 58 (1,139 Views)

@Sophrenia@AmethystLeopard2@terogamusaudiHaz@ElRose843 I haven't had this issue any more, how about you guys?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 38 of 58 (1,057 Views)

Event disappearing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The other day, I made each of my sims complete a quick hobby event. Once I did that, I closed the app. A few hours later, I opened the app and both my sims were just standing inside their house with no sign of an event having been completed. I closed the app and reopened it but there was still no indication of an event having been completed. A few hours ago I made one of my sims complete the “begin a friendship” event with a sim. However, when I went on the app a couple of hours later, there was no reward for having completed the event nor was there any indication that my sim had even completed the event. I turned on my notifications earlier in the day and I even got a notification saying that my sim had completed the begin a friendship event. But as I just mentioned, when I went onto the app, there was no sign of the event having been completed. It was as if my sim had never did the event. 

Message 39 of 58 (1,043 Views)

Re: [Open] Hours pass but Sims don't finish their work

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue! Can you tell us some more about your play style and device, it may help us narrow down what is going on here:

• Is it the last of the 3 Sims that you start in an event with that doesn't complete it? Or the first/second/random?
  • In which area is your Sim when this happens? Or are they travelling to the event?  
  • Have you done any interactions with the Sim after starting the event? 
  • What do you do right after you have a Sim start an event? 
    • Put the game to background and still use the phone?
    • Put the game to background and not use the phone any more?
    • Force Close the game also in the background?
  • Do you notice this happens with certain type of events? (career/relationship/family/hobby)
  • Have you pressed 'Let's Go'? 

Some more technical questions: 

I know some of these you already answered, but I had to ask them just in case other players also see these questions. 

Thanks a lot!

@janebear13 merged your post with a bug report on this issue, could you give @SimGuruMaaike the info she's requesting?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 40 of 58 (1,009 Views)