Started an event,but then when i get back on the timer hasnt started

by tshep101496

Original Post

Re: Set my Sim to work, go back hours later and it's as though they've just star

★ Apprentice
now it's just done it when I did an event with my toddler. I got a pop up notification on my phone letting me know the sim had completed it.. go into game and timer is still at beginning
Message 11 of 58 (2,167 Views)

Re: Set my Sim to work, go back hours later and it's as though they've just star

★★ Novice
This has been happening to my game since Wednesday. The sims I don’t have control of finish their events, shifts, etc. in time but the one I have control of has made no progress. The most recent time, I set two of my sims to complete a long work shift and they both finished. The sim I had control of was supposed to complete his much shorter hobby task but there are still almost 4 hours left.
Message 12 of 58 (2,136 Views)

On going bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung galaxy s9
OS Version N.A
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 40365493
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I send my 3 sims to work before I go to bed myself every evening and then when I wake up every morning to go on only 2 have my sims have completed tasks and the other sim then starts then long shift as I go on. This happens every time.
What do you expect to see? I want this to be stopped if possible because its frustrating having to wait another 6 hours for them to finish anything.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country England
Additional feedback N.A

N.A
Message 13 of 58 (2,117 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey all, I know this issue is frustrating and we're looking into it. Do you remember if you pressed "let's go" after starting these career events or did you close your phone before clicking that? 

Message 14 of 58 (2,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
yes of course we did.. if you read the comments the work actions to select from have popped up.. will have even completed actions for an hours worth of actions and it still does it. like I said it's like it autosaves from the start of the shift, then if you continue to play for 5-10 mins and get out out of the game it won't save from beyond the point of starting the shift.
Message 15 of 58 (2,081 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
SimsQAMaaike: ofc. I even use the energy that's left to do some actions at the workplace and after that I close the game. When I come back after 6-8 hours later there's still +5 hours left (the same amount when I closed the game). But now I've been having this issue not only with career events but also when socializing. Like yesterday my two sims were having a friendship event that lasts normally 2 hours and when I came back there was still 1 hour and 59 minutes left...weird, eh?
Message 16 of 58 (2,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Same, happens to me too. Today started all three at the same time. Come back, two are finished one still at the beginning of the shift.

Lenovo Phab 1 Plus, Android 5.1.
Message 17 of 58 (2,046 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks all for the information! 

Message 18 of 58 (2,029 Views)

★ Guide
I can agree that too , but I'm sure this happened to me because when I started job I killed the app from phone .
Message 19 of 58 (2,018 Views)

Started an event,but then when i get back on the timer hasnt started

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S7
OS Version 7.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) Zig-Zag
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start any event, and then get off the game. Check back in the designated time to see if your event is done.
What do you expect to see? Most of the time, when I get back on to complete my event, the timer hasn't even begun.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country United States
Additional feedback I've even tried using some energy for the event , hoping that when I log off the timer will still be going, but it will still freeze up.

It really sucks not knowing if my quest will be done or not. I like to send my sims to work before I pass out. It gets really irritating when I wake up in the morning, and the timer for my sims job hasn't even started yet.
Message 20 of 58 (1,970 Views)