Re: Set my Sim to work, go back hours later and it's as though they've just star

by witchywomanav

Original Post

[Open] Hours pass but Sims don't finish their work

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Galaxy s8+
OS Version 7.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003550519802
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? something didn't trigger that my Sim were put to work in the first place? which doesn't make sense as when I log back in my Sim is performing tasks at work. Its just the count down timer doesnt start to count down at all until I've logged back in over 8 hours later..
What do you expect to see? my Sim should have completed a Long Shift at work seeing as I put them to work just as I went to bed at around 10pm, wake up at 6am and it's as thought they've just started the shift with 6 hours remaining
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Australia
Country Australia
Additional feedback I don't have any evidence of it visually as it's more of a situation where until I log back in it triggers the Sims to Start working?

Please read the post by @SimGuruMaaike asking for more information:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Hours-pass-but-Sims-don-t-finish-their-work/m-p/6813737#M...

Message 1 of 58 (9,123 Views)

Re: Set my Sim to work, go back hours later and it's as though they've just star

Not sure, are you sure you started the work fully?

If it happens again, let us know!

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 58 (9,040 Views)

★ Apprentice
that's what I'm saying, after I've set them to work it tells me that they'll finish work within so many hours and I can see all the different actions of work to choose from as normal, so they've defiantly started. and this hasn't just happened once it happens every couple of days.
Message 3 of 58 (9,034 Views)

★★★ Novice
This happens to me too, but it's all the time, not just once in a while.
Message 4 of 58 (9,021 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I have this probem too!!! I think it has happened to me every day now (probably since the last update, I guess)...not with every sim though. Yesterday evening I put three sims to work (long shifts that were approximately 5 hours, 6 hours and 7 hours). This morning the 5-hour and 7-hour sims were fine but the third sim was still working and the timer still said over 6 hours. Sooo annoying!
Message 5 of 58 (9,009 Views)

★ Apprentice
yep just happened again, I set both my Sims to work at the same time, ones almost complete her shift in the other still has 6+ hours! I even did a few actions hoping it might prevent it from happening but it still did
Message 6 of 58 (8,985 Views)

Re: Set my Sim to work, go back hours later and timer still saying 6+ hours!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
This happened to me this morning. I set my sim to work a long shift in the lawyer career just after 12am EST. Shift is supposed to last between 6 and 7 hours (I don't remember the exact time length). I woke up around 6:30am and still had 5hrs and 56mins left in the shift.

I am playing on an up to date Android OS.
Message 7 of 58 (8,977 Views)

★ Apprentice
happened again 😶
Message 8 of 58 (8,935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
ok so it's as though the game glitches when I set my Sims to work altogether! I set them to work, then I bought some things for my house then I got out of the game.. when I logged back in and it's happened again i just noticed that the items I bought aren't there and I had the same amount of money I had last night before I bought the items. so I'm starting to think when I set them to work it's like the game freezes, I do a few things get out of the game.. come back hours later and unfreezes from the point theyve been set to work.. but I need to actually log back in to unfreeze it..? Does that make sense? so in other words it seems like there's some sort've autosave glitch
Message 9 of 58 (8,918 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same issue, if I don't do the actions for them they will stay at work.
Message 10 of 58 (8,892 Views)