Open Guild No Longer Being Recommended To Players

by Hesoid

Original Post

Re: Open Guild No Longer Being Recommended To Players

★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 And why it was before? What has changed?
Message 11 of 26 (488 Views)

★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 Yes I can say for certain. EA must sort the guild search bug or it is going to loose clients and money.
Please pass this message to EA because I think you are a paid bot and not a volunteer
Message 12 of 26 (474 Views)

@manasso alas, I'm just a player like you, although I prefer recruiting high quality players rather than hoping they'll randomly appear!

Good luck! May your guild show up an improbably high percentage of the time compared to the other thousands of guilds in the game.

★★★ Novice

Update on original issue. Guild is still impacted about six months after initial issue and four months after opening ticket. Understand it is a "known issue" but no indication if a fix is on the horizon or even being actively pursued.

Some more info that might help troubleshoot the bug:

- Appears to impact guilds of a certain combined GP. Our current GP is about 162M.
- Guessing issue originally hit us in the 150-160M GP range, we’ve been stuck there as the lack of new players plus attrition has us basically flat.
- Went from steady stream (we kept the good ones, booted the bad) for years to absolutely nothing, even after dropping all pre-reqs, so it’s a bug not just needing to be patient waiting our turn with lots of guilds and less players.
- About 2 months ago we got a sudden influx. First new players in four months, got a flood in a single day, then bug seemed to hit us again.
- Guessing we dropped below the GP that triggers to bug, only to hit it again same day with the new players.
- Guild has disappeared from in game search, even when searched by exact name, once the bug reoccurred.

We’ve tried posting on forums and reddit, but stark reality is it’s hard for a casual guild to stand out. Some of us do spend, and reality is this is driving us away from the game. Guessing most casual players start using the in-game suggested guilds, and a bug limiting the quality of those guilds is a direct threat to new player attraction and retention, so I’m honestly perplexed as to why this bug does not appear to be a priority.

Message 14 of 26 (407 Views)

@Hesoid How many guilds are in the game?

Why should your guild get priority viewing over all the others? Shouldn't all guilds have an equal opportunity? Would an increased number of guilds in the game decrease each guild's frequency of appearing in a search?

There are many opportunities to improved the search function in game - but your guild not getting members is not necessarily an indication of a bug.

★★★ Novice

@GladOS-013 I’ve seen you give similar answers to similar issues before, so I don’t mean this the wrong way, but how closely did you read the bug report I’ve posted and now updated? How are wild swings in the numbers of recruits the system is bringing to a given guild suggestive of anything other than a bug, or at least the system not working as intended? How am I asking for preferential treatment?

It’s not like we’ve seen a decline. There was a sharp break. Weekly, if not daily, new members joining (and we were picky on who we kept) suddenly just stopped. Not a single individual in four months. Then, as far as I can tell, when this issue damaged my guild to the point it was below a certain GP, we got 10 or so in one day. Then another abrupt break without a single new member joining in 2 months and counting, presumably because we were back above the GP cut point.

Not sure why I’m arguing the point, given EA already directly confirmed “There is a known issue where some guilds aren’t able to be recommended”. I was hoping to provide more information to those working on the known issue and perhaps get an update.

Message 16 of 26 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Hesoid I read both of your reports, including the one that I easily showed had no issues. Just because you were unaware of the best way to use the guild search function, it didn't mean your guild had "disappeared." (Note: I've been told you can't search for your own)

I've been told that the search function hasn't changed in years. It obviously is hard to measure  how frequently your guild appears on searches since the number of reported results from each search are so low, and any individual player's perspective will be so limited that it's similar to determining shard drop rates after one day of f2p farming.

So while there "could" be a bug, there are many criteria that impact this that have a perfectly reasonable explanation.
1- The number of guilds (growing, making your hold less sought after)
2- the GP of the players searching, relative to your guild's GP (impossible for players to measure)
3- the widening GP gap (since >100M is the top, the pool of guilds in that criteria is also growing)
4- the number of players searching (variable every day)

While you may believe your passive recruiting is statistically improbable, you have no credible basis for making that determination. You're just guessing. It's fine to ask the question, but refusing to accept the possibility that nothing is wrong is not helpful. Even if there is a bug, you can either choose to be a helpless victim, or choose to take action to help your guild. It's up to you.

Unfortunately, the dev team won't give updates on bug fix timelines here. You can either watch the Dev Tracker or just be patient.

Good luck!

★★★ Novice
Gotcha. More interested in being condescending and smug than being helpful. All I need to know in terms the value of prolonging this interaction.  

Pedantry aside, I’ve furnished what additional information I can. If it is helpful to anyone of consequence, happy to dig up any other information  that might be useful tracking down and addressing this known issue.
Message 18 of 26 (384 Views)

@Hesoid I apologize if you perceived my response as being "condescending and smug" - I tend to write in a much more formal manner than I speak and it often comes across as less... personable... than intended.

Hopefully the information I've provided will be of use to you. If nothing else, you can help people find your guild by giving them correct guild searching instructions.

★★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 My guild is having problems receiving recruits as well....The Negotiator's....I have to bring in every recruit, it's very difficult and time comsuming....Simply isn't fair....Shouldn't you have a level playing field? Make it fair.
Message 20 of 26 (318 Views)