Open Guild No Longer Being Recommended To Players

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? All devices
OS Version iOS 13.6
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 479-216-212
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Our "open" guild seems to have been impacted by a bug where we seem to have abruptly stopped appearing as a recommendation to players in-game searching for guild.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Guild is Tosche Stationers
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

Our "open" guild seems to have been impacted by a bug where we seem to have abruptly stopped appearing as a recommendation to players in-game searching for guild. I am an officer in the guild. A lot of us are adults without a tonne of free time (more inclined to spend slightly on game than recruit on forums). We’ve kept full for years this way (keeping the good ones, turfing those that aren’t), but about four months ago it abruptly stopped. Have not got a new player the whole time, even though we lowered min req from 2Mill GP to just have to be active. Some have already quit rather than face the prospect of finding a similarly chill but committed guild.

Guild is Tosche Stationers

To be clear, the bug being report is not about being able to search the guild by name (I started a separate account to look and could find us) but whatever bug stops us from being recommended in-game. My read online is that this can sometimes happen when guild hits about our current GP.

Message 1 of 26 (1,063 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Open Guild No Longer Being Recommended To Players

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @Hesoid and thanks for raising this.

As you mentioned, your guild, Tosche Stationers, appears in searches without issue. There is a known issue where some guilds aren’t able to be recommended.

Right now the workaround is to advertise outside the game, on forums, discord servers etc. Let players know about your guild, then they can search for you and join.

View in thread

Message 2 of 26 (1,002 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @Hesoid and thanks for raising this.

As you mentioned, your guild, Tosche Stationers, appears in searches without issue. There is a known issue where some guilds aren’t able to be recommended.

Right now the workaround is to advertise outside the game, on forums, discord servers etc. Let players know about your guild, then they can search for you and join.

Message 2 of 26 (1,003 Views)

★★★ Novice

I note it has been marked "solved" but to be honest, the response is pretty unhelpful.

Any updates that can be provided on addressing this known issue? It looks to have been an issue for about a full year now.

There is nothing that could be done to manually correct the issue for my guild?

Issue is of course we’ve tried the suggested workaround, but it was not very helpful. The players that frequent boards/reddit/discord, tend to be the most hard-core, and it is difficult getting attention to what is a mid-level guild. It is very labor intensive, and with this bug driving guilds to the suggested workarounds, it’s a vicious cycle by just adding to the volumes of guilds recruiting on those forums.

I’m guessing your internal metrics would confirm that the vast majority of players actually find their guild through the in game option. A bug that cuts off mature/successful guilds at the knees like this is therefore a major structural barrier to continued game participation (I’ve seen instances of guilds disbanding/reforming only to encounter it again). I suspect a lot of smaller spenders just end up moving on from the game as a result as it takes an accessible game and makes it hard to continue. That's directly counterproductive from a revenue standpoint. Point is, hard to see, how fixing this would not be business priority...

Message 3 of 26 (969 Views)

★ Novice

Our guild has same issue and we got this same unhelpful response. After a year of no new recruits this issue has basically destroyed our guild, so thanks for nothing...

Message 4 of 26 (908 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide I have the same problem with my guild, American guild
Message 5 of 26 (862 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide What an ignorance from EA. Just interested in money
Message 6 of 26 (858 Views)

@manasso With all due respect, there are thousands of guilds in the game. Expecting the in-game recommendation, which shows only a few guilds at a time, to consistently bring in recruits seems...optimistic.

Any guild that won't actively recruit is unlikely to be successful long-term. You have to put in the work if you want the recruits, just like everyone else! Good luck!

★★★ Newbie

Yep, you need to hit the recruiter servers and even then really be at the ready for the players looking for a guild channel as most don't even read the advertisement posts. Back in the days of the sith raid we had a lot of randoms come and go but after that things have slowed down significantly, most people who are serious about the game are going to discord to find their new guild and ask questions about it before they join. Those are the players you want anyways, we've had very little luck with random entries from the in-game suggestions. 

Message 8 of 26 (823 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 *. Why other guild are recommended and my guild is not??? I bet is because it is called American. And it is on Russian server .
Message 9 of 26 (794 Views)

@manasso Can you say for certain yours isn't recommended?

If there are 5,000 guilds with openings, and it recommends 3 at a time, then one player seeking a guild out of 1667 players will see your guild.

It's impossible to tell if your guild is not recommended or if the players who see it just don't want to join your guild because there are better options. No need to assume there's an international conspiracy.