NO MORE BABIES

by faaizah30

Original Post

[Closed] Gameplay does not sync to cloud

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iphone 7 (11.0.3) ipad pro (10.3.2)
OS Version iphone 7 (11.0.3) ipad pro (10.3.2)
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 100295247579
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Play on Ipad 2. close Ipad game 3.after 8 hours, Play on iphone 4. progress not sync (i completed some events, was leveled up and set 8 hours events at where I left off)
What do you expect to see? Game is sync across platform
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Hong Kong
Additional feedback I am sure it is caused by gameplay progress not sent to the cloud. Because when i switch to iphone from ipad, the game pops up "you have played on another device, game will resfresh" and game refreshes, just to realise the gameplay did not update fully (just first half of my game session was there) I went back to the ipad i played on and did couple more actions just to see if the actions are sent to cloud this time, then i open my iphone, progress is correct this time.

Long story short, I think game progress was not sent to the cloud properly.

Message 1 of 20 (3,052 Views)

Re: Gameplay does not sync to cloud

★★★ Apprentice
I have this issue as well and it is costing cupcakes and then when I go back into the game I still have use the cupcakes but I do not have the XP or coins that I had. At this point it’s probably cost me about $20 in cupcakes just to get back to where I was. And I keep losing progress every time I close the game. I am on iPad mini and iPhone ate but mostly just using my iPad. I have not used my phone since I started to have the problem that others are having in the barista career where there were no jobs to be done so I switched careers.
Message 2 of 20 (2,887 Views)

★ Novice

I have a similar issue though I am on android, and only on my phone. I'll play for a little while, use a bunch of energy, move things around, tab out or close the game, come back and find that my progress has reverted. For example, when I first bought the third sim slot, this happened. I made him and got all the way through a fashion level, closed the game, then realized I hadn't let him use any energy restores. But when I loaded the game up, it told me to create a new sim again. 

Now it's mostly minor stuff, because I try not to do anything important before I close the game, but I've taken to turning my sofa right before I close the game so I can easily see if it screwed up or not...

Message 3 of 20 (2,846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
I understand about the sofa. I’ve been taking pictures with my phone as I’m playing the game on my iPad just before I close the game to show all my totals of tickets and coins. I stopped using cupcakes now because I’ve lost probably $35 in cupcakes. They put out an update today and it did not fix it. I realize the update says it’s some fashion thing that I already had, so that is completely useless, but you’d think they could’ve tried to fix this issue because if you can’t save the game it doesn’t matter if your Sims won’t do what you want or you can’t go to a party. I don’t know why there is not a manual save button that saves it to your device or force saves it to the cloud at your discretion. Even in the Sims free play you can opt to save it to the cloud whenever you want. After waiting for year, pretty much, for this to come out, this particular issue is very bad and very disappointing.
Message 4 of 20 (2,803 Views)

Re: [Open] Gameplay does not sync to cloud

★★★ Apprentice
I can exit and reenter my game after every single short task is completed and it will randomly maybe save it. That is a matter of minutes to complete a short task or shift. I’m terrified to go back to my phone and check out the game on there instead of sticking to my iPad because I can see the messages/notifications that I’m getting on my phone from the game and they are acting as though I have not been in the game for days. The cross-device saving isn’t working but the saving on one SINGLE device is also not working and that’s even worse than not being able to play on different devices. I am connected to Facebook and tempted to disconnect it just to see if maybe it’s Facebook that is screwing up. But because there’s no option for me to manually save it to the cloud or my device before doing that, I am afraid that I will lose everything if I disconnect from Facebook. I wish one of these large brained coders or developers would at least give us some kind of communication about what we should do right now while we’re waiting for them to fix this massive problem.
Message 5 of 20 (2,799 Views)

★★ Guide

I don’t know if the following is related. Posting on the off chance that it is. 

This morning I contacted EA Help because the in-game settings sidebar indicated that my game was not linked to Game Center despite being logged in to GC, and despite receiving the “Welcome Back, “ messages when entering the game. 

Message 6 of 20 (2,750 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
This happened to me too just yesterday.

- Added game to iPad
- added game to iPhone
- played game on iPad, syncing to iCloud
- played game on iPhone, it wasn't connecting to iCloud. Ignored for a few days.
- came back to iPhone after a few days; game detected iCloud and prompted me to choose how I wanted to proceed. I chose iCloud.
- game loads on iPhone. I perform actions, open a bag from the hot tub event, gain an item.
- Later in the day, I open the iPad; it did not know anything about the hot tub bag earned earlier on iPhone.
- I have not gone back to playing on iPhone since, as I do not want to risk losing special event rewards.
Message 7 of 20 (2,657 Views)

NO MORE BABIES

★★★ Novice

I was using my mobile sim account on two different devices but then i noticed some of the work i did was not getting saved. so I deleted it off of one of the devices. however now the baby i had in the crib is gone and i am no longer able to use the crib. i made all my sims click the crib but nothing comes up its useless. and when i tried to put it in inventory it says that the crib is in use so i can't put it away. Can someone please tell me what to do, i even moved around furniture re dowloaded the game, nothing works i can't have anymore babies. 

Message 8 of 20 (2,622 Views)

The game does not sync properly when switching devices

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X, iPad Air 2
OS Version 11.2.6
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003447371410
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After playing from one device, switch to another. Ex. Design your home/sim/buy something etc. Switch to another device. Doesn't matter if you forced-kill the app before switching, or placing the app in the background, you'll eventually lose some progress. Minor changes are not noticeable, but try pimping up your house and do the switch right after that.
What do you expect to see? The game is synced properly between devices. There should be no loss of items/progress between devices.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany
Additional feedback Most of the time, if not always, the device you recently switched on has an earlier progress than the previous device. And then if you try to switch back to the previous device hoping to get your latest progress, the game is already synced (with you still losing the progress).

I tried force killing the app before switching, or putting the app in the background hoping it would trigger the saving process, but I still lose some progress. I've been playing tons of online mobile games and I don't have this problem when switching between my devices.

How is the saving mechanism triggered? When does the game save our progress? Is it every X minutes(please say no)? Is it based on user-actions(I would've expected this but it seems not to be the case)?

Message 9 of 20 (2,558 Views)

Loss of Progress (Playing on two devices?)

★★ Novice

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X, iPad Pro 13”
OS Version 11.3
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003471117616
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the same game on two or more devices. Make progress and then switch to the other device.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see a more consistent transition between devices.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

I retired a Sim and created a new Sim; then, I started a job and a hobby with my new Sim.  I logged in on a difference device 20 minutes later and not only was the new Sim gone but the old Sim was no longer retired.  If this was just the loss of a few minutes ... no big deal ... but my old Sim lost her job and her hobby.  Basically started over from scratch and put me back about a week.  This doesn’t happen every time but it happens enough to be rather upsetting.

Message 10 of 20 (2,432 Views)