by ItsKatlyn99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] Game lagging after Sep 11th update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Huawei Mate 20 Lite
OS Version 9.0.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing on this device.
What do you expect to see? A fix.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country
Additional feedback

Hello, I'm here because I want to say thank you so much for the update, my graphic now is finally clear and smooth, and I totally love it... I waited this for so long.

But now there's a problem, the game after the update seems to be laggy, has really a bad FPS.

Message 1 of 28 (5,056 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game lag/ difficultly moving furniture around

@SimGuruMaaike its been gone a long while. My game doesn't lag Any more after that update.

View in thread

Message 28 of 28 (2,338 Views)

All Replies

Re: Laggy game after the update.

EA Live QV Team

@ItsKatlyn99 Glad you're happy with the graphics! But odd about the lag, would it be possible to share a video of this? It may be best to record the video with another device to ensure its not made worse by capturing video on your Huawei Mate 20 Lite

Message 2 of 28 (5,027 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaikeOuh I don't know how to register my phone screen and unfortunately I don't even have other smartphone to do this... I can only hope that someone else with the same problem will help us posting a video...

I kindly ask to all the team to try to fix the problem as soon as possible please the game has a really bad FPS 

Message 3 of 28 (5,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The game has so low FPS after this last update... It is so laggy... Please do something... 

Edit:

I've tested something and for now I think I've found a workaround, I have changed the screen resolution from the phone setting, previously It was:

"FHD+ (2340x1080)" <----- stressful to play.

and now I've set:

"HD+ (1560x720)" ⬇️

After this resolution change the game seems to work definitely so much better, now I can play normally but sometimes it still has some unusual FPS drop that must be fixed please.

Playing The Sims Mobile using the previous setting (FHD +) after the update is literally frustrating and stressful due to Low FPS/Lag, almost unplayable.

And this is really strange because before the update I've always played The Sims Mobile on FHD+ resolution smoothly, with no low fps or no lag.

Using: Huawei Mate 20 Lite.

Message 4 of 28 (4,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I noticed it on my game as well. I cleared my phone cache & seems to have a bit of improvement but the game seems a bit laggy compared to before the update. It's very noticeable. I'll observe til tomorrow.

Message 5 of 28 (4,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the exact same problem. Graphics are nice, but I don't understand how you push an update such as this without including some sliders/options. At least give us the possibility to turn off the shadows, which is likely the biggest problem. Even PC games that run on far more powerful machines have graphic options.

Player ID 1003562378635

Samsung Galaxy J7 Plus

Android 8

Message 6 of 28 (4,777 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the problem too, the new shaders look good but i get like 17 fps at best, it would be great to have like a graphics settings or something like that

Motorola e5 plus

Android 8

Id: 100333615555

Message 7 of 28 (4,758 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

So I gave it 24 hours, the game still lags. It's really obvious. Dragging on my phone screen is like pulling on a rubberband. Already did all basic troubleshooting (clear cache, powercycled device, etc.). Other apps on my phone are working perfectly, no lag, also no problem with my internet connection - SM apps doing good ).

Player ID: 1003186414613

Device: Samsung J7 Pro

Message 8 of 28 (4,664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SuddenlyMeee Yes a Graphical option it's needed, to let people choose which graphics level to use. (Low/Medium/High/Ultra)

Allowing everyone to play the game, from the weakest phone to the most powerful, that's a good and fair suggestion.

Message 9 of 28 (4,642 Views)

Re: [Open] Game lagging after Sep 11th update

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The same happen to me.

Message 10 of 28 (3,641 Views)