[Open] - Friends only party switches to Open for everyone

by SalixCat

Original Post

[Open] - Friends only party switches to Open for everyone

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OS Version Android 10
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a party and choose "Open to Friends". This doesn't work. The party is open to everyone as I could see by checking players' information from the chat. Party was full very quickly with players who are not on my friends list.
What do you expect to see? Only players on my friends list can attend to parties "Open to Friends". Friends only parties do not appear on the party tab when a player is looking for parties.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country
Additional feedback

I have started a new thread for this bug as the previous is marked as fixed.

My friends list is full, got 50/50 friends.

Sorry I don't have screenshots. My party started 15th of june 8:30 p.m. UTC +2.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 1 of 10 (1,445 Views)

Re: [Open] - Friends only party switches to Open for everyone

EA Live QV Team

@SalixCat Thanks! I've thrown this up to the studio to investigate again Standard smile

Message 2 of 10 (1,374 Views)

Choosing friends only party option not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad 7th gen
OS Version 14.6
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By starting a party that you want friends only to attend ,
What do you expect to see? I expect to see people from my contacts list only attending the party
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country Australia

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad 7th gen
OS Version 14.6
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By starting a party that you want friends only to attend ,
What do you expect to see? I expect to see people from my contacts list only attending the party
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country Australia

I have been experiencing this issue the last few months , 

and it happened again today , ,

which is disappointing, as I put up an invite in Facebook group time and time again saying it will be friends only ,

and some contacts may stay up till 1am to come & it’s already full of non contacts ,

it happens randomly works one week then doesn’t work the next

Message 3 of 10 (1,079 Views)

Re: Choosing friends only party option not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@smoothPEACHES  While hosting a party,you have an option to select if the party should be available for only friends or for everyone.The option is in the form of a slider (Just like the way we decide the paint for a specific wall or an entire room).You'll find that option after you have selected your party type.
If you're saying that random people are attending the party in spite of configuring the party setting to only friends,then it might be a bug.

Message 4 of 10 (1,061 Views)

Hero

@smoothPEACHES thanks for your report. I have merged it with an existing thread about the same issue. 

Friends only parties haven't been working for a long time.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 10 (1,049 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@GhostFreeek Yes it has to be a bug , as I make sure I’ve clicked the switch to friends only
Message 6 of 10 (1,003 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SalixCat Thanks , hope it’s fixed one day
Message 7 of 10 (1,002 Views)

★ Guide

C410F903-57BB-4FCB-B64E-38EBEA103F22.jpeg

Hi guys,

Yesterday after many many months I made my party to *only friends*. The reason I’d always host “open” parties was because *friends only* were not getting chat at all many many months ago. So yesterday I over slept so I decided to make it a *friends only* so my friends could get in anytime they wanted.

After 13min after I started the party, I realized on the chat that a stranger had joined the party, and about 5min later another stranger popped in the party chat.

It was upsetting because I clearly announced to my friends that it was a *friends only* party so they could still join. And when they tried to join the party showed as full.

Message 8 of 10 (922 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

This issue was already reported by @EA_Kipling, I will note that is still happening but studio was already was made aware of it

Message 9 of 10 (891 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_DragonsEye Ok, it was the first time it happened to me. Most probably cause I never host *friends only* parties. Oh well, lets wait for the fix Standard smile
Message 10 of 10 (869 Views)