Re: Friends/ Contact list disappeared

by Tiffany562411

Original Post

[Open] Friends/ Contact list disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6s
OS Version 11.2.6
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002967871004
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The notification button kept showing "1 unread message" for 1-2 days which for now it is not there anymore. But disappearing together with it is my whole friend/contact list, i had added quite a number of contacts in my account but now its showing 0/50 i tried reopening the game but it is still 0/50 for the game friends tab.
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Malaysia
Additional feedback

The notification button kept showing "1 unread message" for 1-2 days which for now it is not there anymore. But disappearing together with it is my whole friend/contact list, i had added quite a number of contacts in my account but now its showing 0/50

i tried reopening the game but it is still 0/50 for the game friends tab. 

In short, I lost my whole friend list without doing anything.

Message 1 of 20 (7,539 Views)

Do you have a stable internet connection. It can happen from time to time, are they still not showing up at this point?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 20 (7,468 Views)

★★ Novice
Added 3 new friends tonight and now they are gone along with all my other sims friends. Smfh damn it.
Message 3 of 20 (7,433 Views)

★ Apprentice
You have to restart your device and they will come back.
Message 4 of 20 (7,431 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide
ZimZimmers Yup that's right...restart your device and friends list will come back but that's only a temporary fix until it happens again cause it's a bug EA needs to fix.

I'm having crashing issues off and on and it's annoying and I did let EA know about it and they have not fixed it in this recent update and now even worse. I can't watch video ads no more cause it crashes my game when I try.
I've done every troubleshooting technique there is and none of them solved it. It's a bad bug and another bug is getting stuck on the logo screen
Message 5 of 20 (7,413 Views)

★ Guide

I am having this same issue and have been for days Everytime I log onto the game.

0/50 friends are gone Everytime I open the game it does this. I exit and close it out and it doesn't ever come back. I forced stopped it and opened it and still doesn't come back. I have restarted my phone multiple times and still sleeve come back.

also have a glitch where I can't accept a friend's request or decline it. It gives me a failed error.

Message 6 of 20 (6,572 Views)

★ Guide

This has been happening to me since last nights update too. Sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting to Facebook (or whatever you're linked to) brings the friends back temporarily if restarting the game doesn't do it.

It's obviously a glitch that needs to be fixed, but in the meantime, this has been working for me

Message 7 of 20 (6,548 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you that worked. I guess I'll keep doing that till they fix all these glitches.

Message 8 of 20 (6,534 Views)

★ Guide
Disconnecting and reconnecting to my game center seems to have permanently fixed this for me, I haven't had to reconnect it once since doing that. If your friends list disappears again, this may be a permanent fix
Message 9 of 20 (6,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I’m experiencing this too, and it’s becoming more and more frequent. It now occurs multiple times a day. I do have a stable internet connection.

A pattern I may have picked up on is force closing my game. If I’ve been in my game for a while, my friend list casually reappears. If I force close my game and re-open, then I lose my contacts, and sometimes for hours at a time. 

Edit: here is a video showing you what I mean by losing contacts when I force close the game. I posted to Reddit. Sorry for the poor video quality. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/SimsMobile/comments/biu7as/losing_contacts_when_i_force_close_tsm/?utm_sour...

3A3F37A3-23C2-4B44-95D1-8CB324247E95.jpeg

Message 10 of 20 (6,295 Views)