by Immichan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Open] Fashion studio not always offering 95 star action

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Apple iPad Air 2
OS Version 12.3.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003291874858
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With fashion career at 10, work a quick or standard shift. Use 8 energy worth of actions on multiple items/coworker/customer to build confidence. Normally you'd reach a high chance for 95 stars on something, but this is option missing. The low chance for 115 on the sewing station does appear at this stage. After working through all choices available, no 95 stars ever appears.
What do you expect to see? Something with a risky action for 95, but I'm only getting options for 115 (sewing station) and 140 (customer). I haven't seen this in any other career, hobby, or relationship, and I don't remember seeing this in the past when other Sims did this career prior to the stylist career release.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback Some of my variables and other observations:

• Traits: Good Upbringing 3, Ambitious 3
  • Head Start: Stylish Oil Painting and Womenswear Line
  • No Izzy item
  • No Creative trait
  • I've done many quick shifts and seen this every time, but I haven't tested a long shift yet. I also haven't tried putting away whatever can go into storage to see if that makes any impact.

Message 1 of 11 (1,405 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fashion studio stops giving 95 star action

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marking as Solution for Visibility

Hi @Immichan

Thanks a bunch for adding all of that information.. Standard smile We'll take a look into it. I've no ETA at the moment but when we have an update, we'll share it here. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (1,217 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Experimentation time! These are all with a quick shift. Apologies for the length and detail, but I'm thorough when I'm trying to squash a bug or understand an undocumented feature!

Attempt #1

Using: No head start items

Stored: 2 head start items

Result: After I kept trying actions past using 8 energy, and after I put the Photosplash desk and chair in storage while the shift was in progress, I kept trying actions and the 95 action appeared on the runway. This made me decide to experiment with combinations using the head start items out and the Photosplash set in storage.

Attempt #2

Using: 2 head start items

Stored: Photosplash desk/chair set, menswear decor

Result: I tried various actions and still wasn't getting 95 until I tried the sofa x2 then the runway was available. Decided to track more closely which actions I tried and in which order.

For all of the below attempts, I tried interactions on the fashion sewing station, the coworker, and 1 customer, then tried additional actions on other items. Which items were available for actions was inconsistent. Rarely the concept board became available for actions including once when it was available at the start, and sometimes it never activated. With the head start items out, they were almost always available at the start but sometimes 1 of them wouldn't be-- possibly having sofas out instead of stored affected this? I stopped actions if I got to the 95 action so I could keep energy for the next attempt. "Unavailable" means I had an item out but it never offered an action during the attempt, though perhaps it would have if I'd kept going.

Attempt #3

Stored: Photosplash desk/chair set, menswear decor, 2 sofas

Result: Never got a 95. Tried sewing station, coworker, customer, concept board, stylish oil painting, customer again (possible variable: I was leaving app to make notes and that made game restart)

Unavailable for actions: 2 sofas, fashion concept board

Result: Never got a 95. Tried sewing station, coworker, customer, stylish oil painting, womenswear line, and repeating various

Unavailable for actions: Studio sofas, fashion concept board

Result: Never got a 95. Tried sewing station, coworker, customer, womenswear line, stylish oil painting, womenswear line, stylish oil painting, sewing station, coworker, customer

Stored: Photosplash desk/chair set

Unavailable for actions: Menswear decor, fashion concept board

Result: I got 95 on runway after doing sewing station, coworker, customer, womenswear line x2. Did not use oil painting action, and sofa was not available at first (did not note if it was activated after womenswear x2 or after runway)

Unavailable for actions: Menswear decor, fashion concept board, womenswear (HS)

Result: I got 95 on runway after doing sewing station, coworker, customer, 1st sofa, oil painting. The womenswear line wasn’t available this time unlike all previous attempts where it was available at the start. The 2nd sofa wasn't available until after using runway, and the 1st sofa didn't activate again.

Unavailable for actions: Menswear decor, fashion concept board, 1 of the 2 sofas

Result: I got 95 on runway after doing sewing station, coworker, customer, womenswear line, 1st sofa. The oil painting wasn’t available at the start unlike all previous times, but then became available after using the runway. The 2nd sofa didn't become available.

Unavailable for actions: Menswear decor, fashion concept board, 1 of the 2 sofas

Result: No 95 after sewing station x5 (total of 9 energy), still no 95 after womenswear line x2; then got 95 on runway after using 1st sofa. Oil painting became available after using the runway. No interactions with coworker or customer.

Result: Never got a 95. Tried womenswear line, 1st sofa (oil painting activated after this), coworker, customer, coworker, sewing station, oil painting

Tentative observations: Photosplash desk/chair set (photography career) and the menswear line (decor) are probably entirely optional although these will sometimes have an action available during the shift. Non-storage fashion concept board mattered for earlier career levels and for higher star levels but seemed unrelated to the 95 star action and usually wasn't even available. Using only the sewing station didn't charge the action.

Still to test: is using the sewing station required? Does the sewing station have to be used before other items? Are coworker and customer interactions required or optional? Why would it not charge when the sofas were in storage, but would charge when the sofas were placed out even if there were no actions available on a sofa? Is the requirement perhaps sewing station + 1 energy action + different 1 energy action? What about with no head start items placed out?

Tentative conclusion: It seems a variety of 2 and 1 energy actions are needed to activate the 95 star action, and possibly certain actions have to be done before others or in a certain order. This order and the necessity of varied actions isn't obvious, but it seems similar to how the cooking hobby operates. Other careers and hobbies, however, will let you repeatedly use actions and it will charge the 95 star action.

Message 2 of 11 (1,351 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I love your experimentation and sciencing around this. And I’m super bummed that I retired my sim in the level 10 fashion career about 12 hours ago. It will take me a little bit to get back up to 10, but I’d like to see what you’re seeing!

Message 3 of 11 (1,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Immichan,

Thank you for sharing all of this information. Standard smile You've mentioned quick shift. Would I be correct in taking this to mean you use the quick event? Do you have the same experience if you use the standard event?

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 11 (1,302 Views)

Re: Fashion studio not always offering 95 star action

★★★ Guide
@Immichan Oh wow! Firstly I did the fashion career, how on earth do you get the percentages that high? On all my level 10s I've never got those kind of numbers? Is there something I need to do in order? Also, can I ask off topic, where you got those superb outfits from! And makeup
Message 5 of 11 (1,295 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JustJazzy81 The face paints, suit, top hat, and witch hat are from last year's Halloween event, while the fairy outfit is from Izzy's shop Standard smile See my next looong testing reply about different actions and orders. Can you clarify for me which percentages you mean so I can better answer?
Message 6 of 11 (1,269 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Lanna You're welcome! Yes, the quick event/work a quick shift. I haven't put my testing efforts into standard or long because there are so many combinations to try just with quick and it would take more time! But I will brave them when I think I've exhausted quick. I wasn't having success before with standard/long but I hadn't identified an action order, and now that I think I have, I will try it. See my next looong reply for more.
Message 7 of 11 (1,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

After many, many more tries with the quick shift/event and sifting through results... I used 2 energy actions for anything that has both 2 and 1 energy options. For instance, I haven't tested out the various combinations of first using the 1 energy action from the sewing station, but what I tried so far had mixed results. (I also don't have the third cash head start item to test anything with it.)

Summarizing what I tried and what happened:

• #1 fashion concept board + #2 sewing station/fashion concept board/coworker/customer + #3 or more sofa = worked     
  • #1 fashion concept board + #2 sofa + #3 sewing station/fashion concept board/coworker/customer = worked
  • #1 sewing station + #2 sewing station/fashion concept board/coworker/customer + #3 or more sofa = worked
  • #1 sewing station + #2 sofa + #3 fashion concept board = worked
  • #1 sewing station + #2 sofa + #3 sewing station/coworker/customer = did NOT work
  • #1 sofa + #2 sewing station/fashion concept board/coworker/customer + #3 sewing station/fashion concept board/coworker/customer = did NOT work
  • #1 ANYTHING that isn't the sewing station or fashion concept board = did NOT work

Notes on fashion concept board:

It seems the head start items, menswear decor, and photosplash desk all need to be stored to make the fashion concept board available. The fashion concept board wasn't active when either or both of the menswear and photosplash items were out, but it would turn available after I stored them both. The board also wasn't active when starting the shift with those items stored and the head start items out, but I could store them away and then it would be available (sometimes immediately, sometimes after restart). So, don't rely on the fashion concept board to use if you want everything out in the studio instead of stored.

Notes on studio sofas:

If both of the sofas are in storage or for some reason aren't giving action options, I couldn't get the runway activated. I haven't figured out why sometimes I couldn't use one despite them being out. I didn't test yet what happens with one in storage and one out; I always had both in the same place.

My current theory:

I believe the sewing station (2 energy) or fashion concept board PLUS the sofa are required. I found these possible steps were the only ones successfully activating the runway.

Option A:

#1 sewing station for 2 energy

#2 any 2 energy (sewing station/coworker/customer/fashion concept board)

#3 or later MUST be sofa

Option B:

#1 sewing station for 2 energy

#2 sofa ONLY IF followed by fashion concept board (no other action works)

#3 MUST be fashion concept board (NO other action works if #1 was sewing station and #2 was sofa)

Option C:

#1 fashion concept board

#2 any 2 energy (sewing station/coworker/customer/fashion concept board)

#3 or later MUST be sofa

Option D:

#1 fashion concept board

#2 sofa

#3 any 2 energy (sewing station/coworker/customer/fashion concept board)

In my testing, if I miss any of these steps or don't go in order, the runway won't activate. Once I've messed up step 1 by not using the sewing station/fashion concept board, the runway won't activate. Any of the following used first made it fail: studio sofa, coworker, customer, stylish oil painting (HS), womenswear line (HS), menswear line (decor), photosplash station desk (photography career).

Further testing I've started (too early for conclusions):

2 energy sewing station or fashion concept board then 1 energy that isn't sofa

1 energy sewing station then others

Using actions with 1 of the 2 sofas in storage

Message 8 of 11 (1,264 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Lanna asked about experience when doing a standard event/shift... *gulp* I tried deviating from any patterns that worked for quick shift by starting with the sofa as first action. Sure enough, the runway didn't activate. I was able to charge up and use the sewing station for 115 stars.

ETA: 1st standard test session:

Surprisingly, about an hour into this standard test, I tried sewing station + coworker + customer + menswear + desk (not totally sure which order) and the runway charged and activated! This was without the sofa, too (it wasn't available). Not sure how this fits into my theory. Is it because I'd closed out the app and it was a new session? The amount of time that passed between attempts? Because I'd used the sewing station 115 action and maybe reset the charging? Some other things to test...

ETA 2: 2nd standard test session:

1. Sofa + sewing station + coworker = notice for little confidence with no runway activation

- Closed app; opened app; runway not active

2. Sewing station + coworker = sewing station activated low risk and notice of enough confidence but no runway activation

- Closed app; opened app; sewing station still available at high risk and runway not active

3. Sewing station + coworker + customer x3 (10 energy total) = sewing station increased to low risk (but I did not use) and customer activated at high risk; still no runway activation

- Closed app; opened app after a longer wait (didn't time it); nothing available any more

4. Sewing station x4 = notice for little confidence after 3rd with no runway activation, sewing station activated low risk and notice of enough confidence but no runway activation

- Closed app; opened app after a longer wait (didn't time it); nothing available any more

5. Another 8 energy worth of action = same results

The first standard that did activate the runway eventually--  was it use of the sewing station at 115 that reset it, or length of time that passed? Multiple app restarts didn't do it on the second test, and doesn't seem like the duration was it (but unsure since I didn't time it)

Message 9 of 11 (1,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marking as Solution for Visibility

Hi @Immichan

Thanks a bunch for adding all of that information.. Standard smile We'll take a look into it. I've no ETA at the moment but when we have an update, we'll share it here. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,218 Views)