[Open] - Elder Sim stuck doing action and can’t be removed from the household

by Kaylinn57

Original Post

[Open] - Elder Sim stuck doing action and can’t be removed from the household

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad 7th gen
OS Version 13.4.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim started caring for a plant as he was set to age to elder. He aged to elder and has been stuck water the same bush ever since. Cannot interact with any other sims and cannot retire.
What do you expect to see? The sim to stop water the shrub.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

Is there a way to fix this?

Message 1 of 9 (2,491 Views)

Re: Elder Sim Stuck Water Plant Can’t Retire

Hero
@Kaylinn57 He is retired already. I can see the family event bubble over his head which is the only event you can do with him besides any relationship stories that any of your playable Sims eventually have with him.
What happens after any of your playable Sims complete the family event with him?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 9 (2,458 Views)

★★ Novice

If a sim clicks on the family event nothing happens. He just keeps watering the plant. The sims can't interact with him at all.

Message 3 of 9 (2,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kaylinn57 

Tap on your retired Sims. You will see his name on the left side at the bottom of your screen. Can you also see a small cake icon beside his name?

If you can see te cake icon, tap on it. A window should pop up asking if you want him to leave. 

Please try and tell us how it goes.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 9 (2,396 Views)

★★ Novice

I attempted to click on him but nothing happens. His name does not show up and no cake appears. The game doesn't acknowledge the click at all. He just keeps watering the shrub.

Message 5 of 9 (2,363 Views)

★★ Novice

It’s been 2 weeks since I posted my last reply. Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem. My elder is still water the shrub.

Message 6 of 9 (2,180 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Kaylinn57 Mine has been doing this for FOREVER!!!! I have 2 elders I’m unable to retire at edgewater house. I just decided to not use that house as much. But now that parties can be at any location this is starting to irritate me!! Did you ever find a solution?
Message 7 of 9 (1,694 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, a retired sim stuck in the household, she’s doing her own thing. I couldn’t use other sim to talk to her, couldn’t move her to other land. It’s showing she’s busy. Please help me~

Message 8 of 9 (1,267 Views)

Re: [Open] - Elder Sim stuck doing action and can’t be removed from the househol

★★★★ Apprentice

im having the same problem. 2 sims i retired this week and i cannot interact with them at all. first one i "removed" from family portrait and he's still stuck in the house. i thought that would at least make him go away.

now this morning i retired another sim and i tried clicking on her and i cant interact with her at all 

Message 9 of 9 (850 Views)