Re: Sims mobile gameplay touch not in alignment

by nerdydaughter

Original Post

Re: Build mode and party menu buttons not working

Ah yes, that one I've seen reported in this bug thread:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Edge-not-functioning-on-certain-phones/m-p/7000727#M8053

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 40 of 99 (1,443 Views)

Re: [Fixed?] Edge not functioning on certain phones

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this issue. My phone is an Essential PH-1 and I'm pretty sure that the issue is that my notch is bigger than the app expects. All of my clicks are approximately 1/8 an inch to the right of the screen. This means clicking to open the settings menu on the side of the screen is impossible because the width of the menu is approximately the same as the incorrect offset. 

Attempting to be more clear:
When I click somewhere on my screen the app responds approximately 1/8 to the left of where I clicked so I have to click slightly to the right of every ui element to select it (which is impossible to do on the right side of the screen)

I've been playing this game for ages on my old phone and am bummed I can't play on my new phone as I can't access settings or parties Frown

Message 41 of 99 (1,850 Views)

Re: Tap mapping renders game unplayable due to inaccesiblesettings cog tab.

★★★ Novice

Same problem on Mi 8 Frown SEND HELP

Message 42 of 99 (1,765 Views)

Re: [Open] Edge not functioning on certain phones

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It happens on the phone that use virtual navigation bar. (maybe on android 8 only?)

the navigation bar should be hide and display the game as fullscreen, but it failed to do that. so the whole screen has been pushed to left and the edge of right is covered by the nav bar, that's why you can't actual chick the edge of right....I guess.

My device is Asus ZB602KL btw.

Message 43 of 99 (1,696 Views)

Sims mobile gameplay touch not in alignment

★★★ Newbie

So I downloaded the game from playstore and it was fine until I started the game play. The game's touch response and my phone's touch were not in alignment. It was still okay as I just had to move few points away from the actual touch point. But the point where I had to touch a button at the end of the screen I was unable to do so because the response touch would cross the screen. I tried various things hinking its my phone's touch calibration problem. But turns out its fine. I don't if the game is actually bugged or it has some compability issue with my phone model.

Message 44 of 99 (1,673 Views)

@nerdydaughter what phone do you have?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 45 of 99 (1,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey sorry for late reply. My phone model is Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1

Message 46 of 99 (1,616 Views)

Cant click on setting

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Xiaomi mi 8
OS Version 8.1.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003556110323
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I cant click every item on the right screen. Such as the setting and parties. x sign after buying items with the apple things. And it work fine outside the game (the touchscreen) so i think its a bug in the game for specific phone?
What do you expect to see? Normal ?
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Asia
Country Indonesia
Additional feedback Just working normal

Pls respond thx

Message 47 of 99 (1,521 Views)

Re: Cant click on setting

@deryljoedo merged your post with an existing post on this issue. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 48 of 99 (1,472 Views)

Re: [Open] Edge not functioning on certain phones

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem as everyone else on an Essential PH-1.  Like others i'm stuck in the party tutorial because i i can't tap the button.

Message 49 of 99 (1,373 Views)