by SalixCat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] - Eco Workshop Shift Duration Increases

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7
OS Version 13.5.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start an Eco Workshop shift at on Stage 5. The shift has a 6-hour allotment. However, if you leave that Sim and return, the time allotment increases beyond 6 hours.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see Eco Workshop shifts decrease in time, as opposed to increase.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

See screenshots showing the bugged time and verification that I am on Stage 5. The time should not be greater than 6 hours. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,824 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] - Eco Workshop Shift Duration Increases

EA Live QV Team

We've just released a hotfix update for this issue specifically. It should be going live on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store shortly. Can you download and install the update when it's up, and try the shifts again? They should be reflecting the correct duration now, apologies for any frustration! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (1,530 Views)

All Replies

Re: Eco Workshop Shift Time INCREASING

★★★ Guide

Similar thing happened to me. I'm on Stage 3, Part 2 and the duration of event appeared to be over 7 hours. 

Message 2 of 12 (1,751 Views)

Hero

The duration of the shifts at the Workshop reset to 8 hours when I close my game and reopen it. The duration of the shift I started should be 7 hours and it shows correctly as long as I don't close the game app.

WorkshopShiftOK.jpg

All 'event buffs' disappear when I close the game, so now the duration is 8 hours.

WorkshopShiftBug.jpg

This is happening at every Stage. I'm attaching also screenshots a player has sent me. Their Workshop is fully upgraded.

The duration of a shift is 3 hours, as shown on the first screenshot. Later, when the player reopens the game,  it shows that buffs have disapperared, so the event duration is reset to Stage 1.

image0.jpg

image0 (1).jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 12 (1,725 Views)

Hero

@daxtms @yani_tsm 

Good news Standard smile The team is already working on a bug fix for this issue 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 12 (1,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened here. I am done all workshop upgrade at stage 7 where shift should only lasted 3 hours, I helped and used up all energy to about 2 hours and some time remaining. Then to go back and found out I have 5 hours and 30mins left?!

Message 5 of 12 (1,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the issue I am having as well. I start the shift and come back hours later and one of two things has happened. Either no time has passed, or the time left is higher than when I began the shift 😐

Message 6 of 12 (1,585 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I just experienced this issue right now (or perhaps, more accurately, just noticed it) for the first time. I’m at Stage 4, Part 6 and have been for about 5 days. Usually I have one of my Sims start a Workshop shift before I go to bed so that it’s complete by the time I wake up. About 15 minutes ago, I started the shift and exited the game. I then reopened the game 10 minutes after that and my day changed in-game. After claiming my rewards, I went back to my Sim in the Workshop shift and noticed that the time left in his shift had increased from ~5 hours and 45 minutes to ~7 hours and 45 minutes. I was very confused and frustrated. I spent real life money on packs to upgrade the shop and if all my Eco shifts have been taking longer than they should, that’s extremely unfair. I was wondering why it seemed like my Sims were taking too long to do Workshop shifts and now I see the reason why.

On the rare occasion that I stay playing the game continuously while a Workshop shift is in progress, and use energy refills and cupcakes to decrease the time, I do not believe the shift time increases. It is only upon exiting the game (i.e.: when I start a shift before going to sleep, exit the game, and come back in the morning) that the shift time increases, as others have mentioned here.

Message 7 of 12 (1,556 Views)

EA Live QV Team

We've just released a hotfix update for this issue specifically. It should be going live on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store shortly. Can you download and install the update when it's up, and try the shifts again? They should be reflecting the correct duration now, apologies for any frustration! Standard smile

Message 8 of 12 (1,531 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kipling I will give it a try let you know How it goes. Thank you for your help!
Message 9 of 12 (1,397 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kipling OK. Tested it! IT WORKS!!!! Thank you! Much appreciation!
Message 10 of 12 (1,388 Views)