[Open] Disappearing contacts and relationships of Sims

by PaQuilter1

Original Post

Re: [Open] Existing Relationships Disappearing

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've just had this happen to me. One of my sims was in the middle of a hangout with another player-controlled sim (at level 3 of a relationship story). I sent my sims to a party (where I added 2 or 3 more sims to the contact lists of my sims). I reloaded the app after minimizing it and when I did the sim my sim was in a hangout with had vanished off the contact list of all my sims and the story had disappeared, but my sim was still in a hangout (however, there were no options to spend energy for that hangout and when the hangout completed, no relationship points were earned.

I've had this happen before, but not in quite a while and in the past I'd often suspected that this is somehow related to adding other sims at parties as contacts. This time made me very suspicious that this issue is somehow related to adding other sims as contacts because this is the first time that it happened where I had proof of roughly how long ago the sim in question was still in my contact list and the number of things I had done in between was quite limited.

Message 21 of 120 (4,552 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've just had this issue happen yet again (where a sim that I've had a story started with disappeared off my contact list); it so happens that I opened my contact list for that sim while I was at a party (and noticed there were 7 contacts listed for that particular sim) and then when I went home, I immediately opened that sim's contact list and noticed that the story and contact disappeared (there were 6 contacts listed), so it appears the time when the contacts disappear is when leaving a party where you've added the contact.

I notice going over the contact list of my current sims that all the sims I've added as contacts have disappeared except for family, contacts that any of my former sims have been married to, and the most recent three (two of which were at the party my sim was just at and added as contacts); the sim that has been removed off my list of stories was literally just the fourth most recent sim I had added as a contact; however, I do now notice that all other sims added before that that none of my sims were ever married to are also gone. (It does seem likely the other sims were just being removed as I went along, but I didn't notice them because I hadn't started a story with them).

Is there a way for this limit to be changed so that it doesn't remove sims that you're working on a story with?

Message 22 of 120 (4,446 Views)

Re: Sim disappeared from relationship story!

★★★ Apprentice

First time poster, but I am having this issue myself. I've started quite a few relationship stories and boom, the contact is gone after I go to a party. That's annoying. One I was approaching level 6 on and I cant continue. I just saw the sim in my contacts this morning. I attended a party and they're gone.

Message 23 of 120 (4,396 Views)

★ Guide

Is it ever going to be fixed I've been having this problem for months I keep contact ea but nothing has been fixed. Does any knw anything about this

Message 24 of 120 (4,188 Views)

Contacts/relationships disappeared AGAIN!!!

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Iphone XS
OS Version 12.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003043468967
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Contact list
What do you expect to see? Fixed
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Hong Kong
Additional feedback

I saw those sims in my contact list a few hours ago but now some of them disappeared (mostly are new friend) include all the relationships.

Message 25 of 120 (3,893 Views)

What is happening to my sim's contacts

★★★ Novice

Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Infinix note 3
OS Version 7.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003591181793
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just login, create a sim and continuously add his/her contacts list. Sooner rather than later you will begin to notice these contacts disappear. Notwithstanding how much you communicate with them. Some of those contacts need to belong to a friend to really prove that these contacts are not being retired or moved out
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sim's contacts to remain available for communication and interactions and should only be removed I as the player wants them out of my Sims lives
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Other
Country Nigeria
Additional feedback I would love if EA could add a feature that enables it's users to delete contacts from their sim's contact list on the aims mobile. I have a comprehensive set of screenshots taken around midnight every night for the past four days if my observation is in doubt but I'm sure you will easily identify and hopefully fix this bus. Thank you

I can't seem to send the folder of my research, just screenshots but I'm willing to send it screen shot by screenshot if it's necessary.  I am determine to see this bug stamped out of the game. It's really damaging my gaming experience 

Message 26 of 120 (4,072 Views)

Re: Sim disappeared from relationship story!

★★★ Novice
No, this happens to me as well and each of my current generation of sims has lost over half a dozen contacts within the past week and I can easily watch these Sims parambulate about their homes anytime because a lot of them belong to my friends.
Message 27 of 120 (3,987 Views)

Re: Existing Relationships Disappearing

★★★ Novice
Been having the exact same problem, I even decided to investigate with screenshots of my contacts list taken daily and the results were staggering. The lagging contacts list is also quite annoying
Message 28 of 120 (3,985 Views)

What is happening to my sim's contacts

★★★ Novice

Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Infinix note 3
OS Version 7.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003591181793
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open my account if possible and add 7 or more contacts belonging to other players to any of my Sims then close the game and reopen it. If you can still find 2 of those contacts it will be a miracle of biblical proportions
What do you expect to see? My contacts and relationship stories not disappearing for no good reason. I will also like if players are given the option of removing unwanted contacts
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Other
Country Nigeria
Additional feedback I know fully well you won't pay attention to this and EA doesn't seem to care about the opinion of it players. Maybe I'll find the courage to quit your online games cold turkey and if this enormous amount of glitches keep being added to that should be quite easy.. Cheers!!

I'm not going to bother uploading the screenshots and videos that prove I'm right because at this point no glitche pointed out can possiblybe false.  Hope you fix this even though you probably wont good day! 

Message 29 of 120 (3,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue happened to me a few months back so obviously the problem has not been solved.  Today, it happened again. This time I had started two different relationships with other sims in different households.  I then gave a party.  Now the relationships that I started before I gave the party are gone, and so is their households from my list.  This is very annoying and frustrating as one puts in the effort and time and it is wasted. 

Message 30 of 120 (3,817 Views)