Re: [Open] Disappearing contacts and relationships of Sims

by Immichan

Original Post

MULTIPLE DISAPPEARING sim relationships and characters!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) LG Stylo4
OS Version Android
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004266899653
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Relationship list.
What do you expect to see? No more disappearing sim characters.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

This is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING!! It's happened several times now. I start a relationship with someones sim and get halfway through 5/10 or more and then the friend will disappear! I feel CHEATED AND WASTED MY TIME advancing in the game. I go to my friends list and click on view home and the sim that was deleted is there.This is rediculous!! I have to start all over again from the beginning and usually have to start over several times! And its not just one sim relationship at a time its almost all of them at once that just POOF disappear

This relationship disappearing bug has been happening to me for a month now and I refuse to SPEND ANY MONEY ON THIS GAME OR CONTINUE TO PLAY IT UNLESS THE BUG IS FIXED!.

The other thing I've noticed is that relationships with retired Sims are not being affected with retirement. 

Message 41 of 120 (3,166 Views)

STILL NOT FIXED!!! MULTIPLE DISAPPEARING CHARACTERS.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) LG Stylo4, ipad tablet
OS Version Android
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004266899653
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the relationships with other players characters. The sims will just disappear from the relationships. Multiple sims will disappear at once.
What do you expect to see? NO MORE DISAPPEARING CHARACTERS! I want to be able to progress in my relationships.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback I refuse to pay any money towards this game until this rediculous bug is fixed.

IS SOMEONE GOING TO FIX THIS OR NOT???!!!??

I KEEP ASKING FOR HELP AND POSTING BUG REPORTS AND I CONTINUE TO LOSE MORE AND MORE CHARACTERS. THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM BECAUSE IT EFFECTS MY PROGRESS.This is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING!! It's happened several times now. I start a relationship with someones sim and get halfway through 5/10 or more and then the friend will disappear! I feel CHEATED AND WASTED MY TIME advancing in the game. I go to my friends list and click on view home and the sim that was deleted is there.This is rediculous!! I have to start all over again from the beginning and usually have to start over several times! And its not just one sim relationship at a time its almost all of them at once that just POOF disappear

This relationship disappearing bug has been happening to me for a month now and I refuse to SPEND ANY MONEY ON THIS GAME OR CONTINUE TO PLAY IT UNLESS THE BUG IS FIXED!.

The other thing I've noticed is that relationships with retired Sims are not being affected with retirement. 

Message 42 of 120 (3,033 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

An update to my previous report: I've retired all the prior Sims I have, and started up a new family branch. That seems to be helping-- still have some of the current Sims' contacts lost here and there but they're ones I hadn't started relationship stories with. So far, this batch of Sims hasn't lost a story. It makes me wonder if there's something about the prior Sims having such extensive families that affected it, or perhaps there's a maximum number of contacts across the account that we don't know about? 

I've found with one of my current Sims that within one play session, I can get his contacts up to ridiculous numbers (70+!) by introducing himself to a bunch of townies, but the number drops after that session and eventually he forgets he knows them when I interact with them again. I've attached a screenshot example. 

The "All" contacts seems to reflect any interaction or possibly even being in the same area with any NPCs and any player Sims? That number for all my Sims will go up and down. The "Favorites" seems to be any player Sims only-- none of my retirees, family members not in play, or NPC townies. The Friendly/Romantic/Rival doesn't correctly show numbers at all. For instance, one of my Sims has multiple romance stories with multiple fiancés, yet 0 Romantic contacts.

tl;dr: Contacts are buggy in multiple ways.

Message 43 of 120 (2,995 Views)

Re: Contacts/relationships disappeared AGAIN!!!

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue is not solved. 

@EpicRedly @wildwildflowers you can add more information in the new thread here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Disappearing-contacts-and-relationships-of-Sims/m-p/80941...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 44 of 120 (2,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@ImmichanYou're able to keep 99 familiar contacts, but only 12-17 contacts of friends. (A few months ago I produced soooo many childen to get a rare haircut ... p.s. I hadn't received it.)

This problem exists since months.
It would be awesome to decide which contacts I want to keep and which one not. I have too many seniors from my friends and can't kick them out. If I try to get a new relationship/contact, one of the newest deletes himself and not the oldest one.
Can we have a fixed number of contacts and maybe the options to choose which one should kicked out? Like the friendlist? That whould be sooo nice!

(And sorry if my grammar looks like primary school - typing with the phone isn't really comfortable Disappointed)

Message 45 of 120 (2,976 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I still have this problem like forever. 

This time is really bad because I lost 4 contacts and I re-added them then I lost them again just overnight. 

This problem exists like since the game launched but I think it's ignore. Many people have experienced this.

I report this issue many times also. 

Message 46 of 120 (2,891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

there needs to be some type of warning telling us how many contacts we are allowed1 and we should be able to delete contacts we no longer want> i*m sick of losing contacts i want to keep> my least favorite contacts are always the ones that stick around> this really ruins the quality and enjoyment of the game>

(Try to keep to a talking voice on the forums, no need for loud noises) - Atic

Message 47 of 120 (2,828 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
PlatformAndroid Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Motorola g7 supra
OS Version Android
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1005267593707
How often does the bug occur? Once confirmed, suspected about once a day 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make relationship stories with a bunch of Sims, watch them disappear.

What do you expect to see?Relationship progress should not be lost. 
Connection Type Usually wifi, sometimes mobile

Select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

This really stung. My sim had a level 10 relationship, had just gotten married, and lost the relationship during the wedding party. I know the other sim didn't retire or anything because I found her in town again and was able to start a new relationship with her.

But I don't have it in me to do the entire story again. Especially after coming to this forum and seeing that this has been an open issue since July 2018, and took a full year just to get a "we're working on it" and it's still a problem five months after that.

Message 48 of 120 (2,486 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me too.  It’s so frustrating and I can’t get anyone at EA to help.  It’s a glitch in their game and they need to fix it.  I regret spending real money on a game I’m about to stop playing. So tired of starting at level 1 relationships and then they are missing suddenly.  

Message 49 of 120 (2,198 Views)

Hero
@camerathou This is a normal issue if you keep Sims active for a long time. You keep adding contacts, but there is a limited number of contacts that a Sims can have. I really doubt the game is design to keep Sims active several months or years. As for the number of contacts a Sim can have, read post #45.
Post #43 has an alternative solution in case your Sims keep losing contacts.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 50 of 120 (2,163 Views)