[Open] Disappearing contacts and relationships of Sims

by PaQuilter1

Original Post

[Open] Disappearing contacts and relationships of Sims

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Asus Zen Pad 3s
OS Version 6.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003472143620
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have existing relationships that disappear
What do you expect to see? I expect relationships to remain at existing levels, not disappear.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region
Country United States
Additional feedback

This relationship disappearing bug has been happening to me recently. I noticed it with the Internet Icon Hobby but didn't think anything about it because Friends were retiring Sims and I attributed it to retirement. However, my Sim was at a party the other day and she had a level 5 relationship with a Sim and while attending a party that Sim no longer recognized the relationship and in the contacts screen it only shows a level 1 relationship.

Another friend  @Fuzzernutter started a friendship with one of my Sims, Tyler,  and I reciprocated by starting one with their Sim, Van, (neither Sim is retired). The other day when I went to initiate an interaction his Sim was no longer showing in my Sims Contact list...I can't find him anywhere.

The other thing I've noticed is that relationships with retired Sims are not being affected with retirement. My friend has a Sim that retired. My Sim had a Level 10 romantic relationship with her Sim.  In my game her Sim looks young and if I didn't know he retired, I would have no idea by looking at him.

Something really weird is going on with our contacts and I hope it gets fixed quickly. 

Message 7 of 120 (25,775 Views)

Sim disappeared from relationship story!

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 Plus
OS Version 11.2.6
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) tamratje
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So I was busy with a relationship story (secret crush; more than friends). But now when i click on my sim and go to stories, this story is gone. When I go to all stories it shows how far i got with this story, but it isn’t active anymore. And the sim I was doing this story with, is now nowhere to be found. And most of my contacts are also nowhere to be found (which isn’t the main issue). I tried deleting and re-installing the app, which doesn’t work. Also looked at every place i can to see if I can find it again, but that also didn’t work.
What do you expect to see? To see the sim back and to see that the story is active again.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Netherlands
Additional feedback I hope you will understand me and you can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 120 (25,144 Views)

Re: Sim disappeared from relationship story!

Could it be the Sims that are missing retired and died?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 120 (25,115 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I’m also having this problem, it’s super annoying that you spend all this time for it to just disappear
Message 3 of 120 (25,047 Views)

★ Guide

All I get disappearing is the option to ask to move in, it affects those in relationship stories.

But I didn’t know Sims died in Sims Mobile? How does that happen?

All I have is a bunch of elder Sims mooching about town and the numbers are growing.

Message 4 of 120 (25,021 Views)

★ Guide
i tested this out for 4 times,
when i having a party and start a relationship with someone,
and when i go away or another map and come back, boom, he/she is gone and all objects for the event is vanished. !
Message 5 of 120 (25,016 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been having this issue for the past week or so. All of a sudden, most (if not all) of my Sims' contacts disappear, including the stories I've been working on with them. They aren't just retiring and dying, because those sims still show up in my contacts list, but all active sims are just gone, like they were never added and I never started a story with them. 

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform: Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy Note8 
OS Version 8.0.0

Player ID: 1002985673489

Message 6 of 120 (24,870 Views)

Re: Existing Relationships Disappearing

★ Expert

Just adding to your post. @PaQuilter1 sim and my sim are also in a friendship in my game. Their sports relationship is fine in my game. PaQuilter1's sim shows up in my contacts, in stories etc. 

I did notice that sometimes I page sims to continue the relationship and they don't show up. I figured out they get stuck on the left side of the hospital with other sims there too. I had my sim travel to the medical center, click on the sim to continue relationship and bring them back to my sim house. 

When I have added contacts not all stick. I don't know if it is because I have reached my cap on how many contacts I can have. I do know when I have to many contacts , scrolling through them is very sluggish 

Message 8 of 120 (25,696 Views)

★ Expert

@PaQuilter1 just an update. Van completed the sports friendship with Tyler.  Is Van still not showing up for you in your game? 

Message 9 of 120 (25,594 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Fuzzernutter No, he totally disappeared from my game. I looked all over town too. He's not here, Fuzz. 😖

Message 10 of 120 (25,574 Views)