Re: Existing Relationships Disappearing

by RomeyStar

Original Post

Re: Disappearing contacts and relationships

★★★★★ Novice

It has happened multiple times with me this month. I've in total lost 4 stories (2 of them at level 10, I repeated those 2, then I lost those again + another 2 stories that are on level 10). Someone help please T.T

Message 81 of 120 (2,475 Views)

Re: Relationship Stories Disappear

★★★★ Guide
@jillk_ts4 I’m just about to get the Bitter Valentine Quest from the Workshop so I will do it right away and write back saying what happens with it.
Message 82 of 120 (2,427 Views)

Re: Relationship Stories Disappear

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hi, @jillk_ts4, I was able to complete the Bitter Valentine Quest with one of my own Sims. After all the trouble I’ve had losing contacts I wanted to reduce the chances of failure. So it worked, and I got the rewards, but then it disappeared, along with the heirloom, right out of my game. I cannot repeat it and there is no record of me having completed it. I didn’t have that issue with other Heirloom Relationship Quests, like Pumpkin Spice Lovers, for example, which I can chose as a relationship quest along with all the others, so I’m thinking it’s got to be wrong. I’ve had issues with a few things I’ve gotten from the Eco Workshop, actually. The Harvest Table candles don’t light up and I’ve seen them lit up, the snowman snowball fight has Sims tossing snowballs at the snowman instead of at each other, as when I select that action at parties. Also the Winterfest gifts are supposed to make candy canes? They don’t perform as promised. So I, too, am wondering if it’s something about crafting items at the Eco workshop. I love this feature, @Simsmobile, don’t get me wrong, but it’s awfully frustrating when things don’t perform as promised. I would not have spent all that time getting them had I known. 
And to get back to the point, in addition to this I am still repeatedly losing my contacts, sometimes even whole relationship stories, from the game. 
Perhaps if we were given a Contact cap along with the ability to delete contacts, just like the friend’s list, the system wouldn’t be so overloaded and would be able to perform better.

Message 83 of 120 (2,316 Views)

Re: Relationships with other players’ sims disappear from contacts

★★★★ Novice
@SalixCat I am having this issue frequently, and have for months. Often it happens after the games freezes. On restart newly added contacts and relationships are gone. Sometimes they are there for a week or so, but then one day (always at re launch) these newly added contacts are missing and all relationships gone. On a day when I host a party the game seems to be extra sensitive for this glitch. It is annoying when it happens when you’re in the middle of a event with the sim contact that disappeared because you’ll have to wait out the whole event - all actions are gone.
Message 84 of 120 (2,303 Views)

Re: [Open] Disappearing contacts and relationships of Sims

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. I've added sims in my contacts then some days later they disappear. I know they have not retired because 2 of the sims that disappeared were my friend's and she had not retired them.

Message 85 of 120 (2,124 Views)

Sims contacts keep disappearing, even part way through a relationship story.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Note 20 Ultra
OS Version 11
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add Sims to your Sims contact list. Either start a relationship with the sim or don't (doesn't seem to matter). Check back occasionally, you'll notice that the sim will eventually disappear from your contact list and if you started a relationship with that sim, it will disappear as well.
What do you expect to see? A Sim added to your Sim's contact list will remain in their contact list.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

We have a group of friends that all have each other's sims in our contact lists.  They are constantly disappearing.  We have noticed this between the group of us at least 50 times.  Very frustrating when you have a high level relationship going with a Sim and they suddenly disappear.  This is NOT due to retiring Sims.  The Sim that disappears does not seem to be the "newest" added contact, nor does it necessarily seem to be a "stale" contact with no recent interactions.  It seems very random (could be a recent add, could be an old relationship).

Message 86 of 120 (2,128 Views)

Re: Sims contacts keep disappearing, even part way through a relationship story.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I’m still having the same problem myself. Last week I lost a relationship with a non playing Sim who disappeared from my contacts, the storyline, and the game. I also regularly lose party contacts.

Perhaps if we were given a Contacts Cap, along with the ability to delete contacts, just like our friend’s list, the system would be less taxed so able to perform better. Never know.🤷‍♀️

Message 87 of 120 (2,003 Views)

Re: Relationships with other players’ sims disappear from contacts

★ Guide

Hi @SalixCat I have contacts disappearing after the last upgrade. Should I add my report to this thread or open a new one?

Message 88 of 120 (1,920 Views)

Re: [Open] Existing Relationships Disappearing

★★★ Novice
@brucegaretz This also happened to me.

My sim lost the relationship and contacts that was saved, some of it was level 10 stories, after making active again from being passive.

The sims that were lost doesn't appear in town areas and are replaced with townies.

I just hope they fix it so other player won't have this problem.
Message 89 of 120 (1,915 Views)

Re: Existing Relationships Disappearing

★★ Novice

I have same issue.  I started relationships with sims then the next day they are gone. I have to start a new relationships with someone else because the sim is completely gone and I can't reconnect with them!!! 

Message 90 of 120 (1,828 Views)