Bugs

by heytherepeps

Original Post

[Open] Dark items and Sims since Date Night update

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S9+
OS Version 9
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003444134845
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a Sim in the cooking hobby and have them cook a meal outside of the events.
What do you expect to see? I know I'm a bad cook but this food all looks burned.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country The Netherlands
Additional feedback See screenshots, in build mode, the food turns colourful.

Screenshot_20200206-025337_The Sims.jpg

Screenshot_20200206-025416_The Sims.jpg

Screenshot_20200206-025436_The Sims.jpg   

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 1 of 7 (1,522 Views)

Re: [Open] In night mode food is dark

[ Edited ]
Hero

I did the Home Sweet home event at night and food, notes and other items the sim is holding are black. Also another idle sim was holding a pitch black mobile phone. 
edit: I’m playing with iPad, 6th gen14F478F1-4093-494F-AF90-1ADDA06D7D99.jpeg

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (1,495 Views)

[Open] Sims in the light look like they're in the dark

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone XR
OS Version 13.3.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004225539015
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? At nighttime, have some rooms with lights on and some with lights off. Watch elders and children. Sometimes they will look as though they are in the dark even if the lights are on in the room they're in, and other sims in that room look like they're in the light. I've only seen this happen with my toddler and one of my elders, not with any of my playable sims, and although it has happened at least once every night since the update, they often appear correctly without the bug.
What do you expect to see? For all Sims in rooms with the lights on to look as though they're in the light, not to look like they are in the dark.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

image attached, apologies for poor quality had to email it to my PC to post

IMG_1365[6374].PNG

Message 3 of 7 (1,497 Views)

Re: [Open] In night mode food is dark

[ Edited ]
Hero

Several things seem  to be absorbing light or other colours. Not sure if this is the right way to say it but there are iems that look very dark 😀

SmartSelect_20200209-110246_The Sims.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 7 (1,448 Views)

Re: [Open] Sims in the light look like they're in the dark

Hero

I opened the game and found that my Sim looks like he is in the shadows while standing in a room full of light.

I have Night modus on since yesterday and all the lights are on.

DarkSim.jpg

I changed location and came back around 3 minutes later to check out on him and he looked then normal.

Los Sims_2020-02-09-15-11-32.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 7 (1,440 Views)
Highlighted

Bugs

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 11
OS Version 19.0.0.86305
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1005395751457
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I switch from my sims to other sims the light of my other sims goes dark and they look as if they are in a shadow.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see it not happen any more.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country America
Additional feedback I noisiest it only happened when there is light.

Lighting and buggs. I honestly am so sorry I didn’t know what to put here. Sorry.

Message 6 of 7 (1,299 Views)

Re: [Open] Dark items and Sims since Date Night update

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Version: 42.0.0.150003 (Android on ARM)

I have been investigating this for ages, but can't determine the cause.

• Randomly occurs upon loading the lot, regardless of daylight settings.
  • It can affect sims that were on the lot, and floors above first.
  • Entering build mode, reloading the lot, or moving the sim into a different room – all make it normal again.
  • My theory is that it's caused by light sources leaking into different floors.

Screenshot_20231120-003255.jpg

Message 7 of 7 (556 Views)