[Open] - Chat on Hold: Party Chat not available

by Ilois4

Original Post

[Open] - Chat on Hold: Party Chat not available

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad 6th gen
OS Version iOS 13.7.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Host a party
What do you expect to see? Party chat loading and working normally
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Finland

Started hosting a party today and got immediately a notification: "Chat on Hold. Party Chat is not available right now"

Chat isn't loading and the notification keeps popping up. Party has been on now for 1,5h and I've seen the notification now ~10 times, not sure if it's actually popping up at the same time there would be some activity on the chat for example players joining and party leveling up or just tryig to connect every few minutes.

Few parties I visited as a guest after the update this week had issues with the chat, it wasn't loading at all. 

I've seen players posting about this issue on other forums this week but since not sure if this is under investigation yet, creating a report. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 14 (2,421 Views)

Re: Chat on Hold: Party Chat not available

Hero
@Ilois4 Thanks for your report.
I believe this is a new message. Am I right? I saw it posted on social media last weed right after the update. I'm thinking that maybe the chat is disabled in order to prevent that the party crashes.
Hopefully we can get some clarification about this.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 2 of 14 (2,349 Views)

Hero
@SalixCat I think this is new, I haven’t seen this in my game earlier and don’t remember seeing posts from other players before the latest update.

Now we wait and see 👀

Message 3 of 14 (2,344 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks! We're looking into this one Standard smile

Message 4 of 14 (2,263 Views)

Re: [Open] - Chat on Hold: Party Chat not available

★★★ Apprentice

Same. Following this.

Message 5 of 14 (2,208 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Following this thread. Hosting a Wedding Party right now with friends only and it's making the game glitchy now. 

Message 6 of 14 (2,207 Views)

Hero

My party was friends only as well ☹️ 

Message 7 of 14 (2,184 Views)

Hero

Had to try so hosted an open for everyone party on Saturday and chat worked normally.

Removed the main hobby and career items, so there wouldn’t be too many strangers and room for my friends to attend and chat with 😄🙄😆😬 

Message 8 of 14 (2,122 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This just happened in my game today. Wanted to host a wedding party and chat with friends so I opened the party up for friends only and then the chat keeps saying party chat is unavailable. I think this could be some type of bug because as soon as I pressed the button for the party to start the green sims crystal at the bottom right side of the screen became pixelated with harsh lines through it instead of clear to see like it normally would be and then I started having problems with the party chat. My parties fill up fast usually so I thought if I opened it to friends only maybe some of them would have a chance to drop by and chat. 

Message 9 of 14 (2,028 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@TulaJitt This just happened to me, same exact situation- wedding party open to friends only
Message 10 of 14 (2,026 Views)