Re: [Open] Can't start Harvestfest restaurant, home or cafe event

by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Same here. I cannot access the "Harvest cooking at the restaurant" event, so I cannot make progress. When I go to the restaurant and click on the fridge, it offers the "happy feasting at home" event. When I go to the menu top right and try to select the "Harvest cooking at the restaurant" event, nothing happens when I press "start." When I go home and click the fridge, the "Harvest cooking at the restaurant" event is not available. I am not able to progress (obviously) with the "secret ingredient" limited time quest; I am stalled on part 13 of 29.

Message 81 of 317 (2,818 Views)

★★★ Novice

got a small update but things are still the same, unable to complete the quest line because cant start the event quest Frown  

i spend cash to speed up some of the events, that hasnt worked.  i reinstalled the game, that hasnt worked.

how are we supposed to finish this event??? wasted money on this event and it looks like im not gonna be able to 

finish it:I  where is the response from the team for all these bugs, a little communication would be nice.

maybe extend the event when it gets fixed would be the fairest solution in my opinion 

Message 82 of 317 (2,813 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. I'm on step 20, "Complete the Harvestfest Restaurant" event. I had my sim working on it, used cupcakes to speed things up. Came back in an hour, and received a notice saying my sim had completed a Long Shift. ???? When I tried to get the sim to re-do the Harvestfest restaurant through the Horn, it does nothing when clicked. When I tried to access the event through the restaurant fridge or any other object, it's not even an option. HELP! I want to finish the quest! 

Message 83 of 317 (2,806 Views)

Unable to perform Harvest Event

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone
OS Version 12.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Screenshot attached. Unable to start “Harvest cooking at restaurant” event even though it shows available and sim is free.
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country
Additional feedback

Unable to start restaurant event even though Sim and event show as available. 

Message 84 of 317 (2,798 Views)

Re: Unable to perform Harvest Event

★★★ Newbie

Screenshot attached 

Message 85 of 317 (2,791 Views)

★ Guide

Update- I’m on quest #23, no missing job quests anymore and no issues with the holiday events. 🥳

Message 86 of 317 (2,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's the same for me

Id: 1003455887973

Message 87 of 317 (3,249 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Having this problem as well.

Player ID: 1003546933816
Message 88 of 317 (3,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

EA_Mai: *Marking this post as solution for visibility - we are not considering this fixed* 

We’re very sorry that you’re unable to start some of the Harvestfest events. We are looking into it.

These steps may help:
1. If any Sims have completed events that are ready to be collected, collect those.

2. Close your game completely, also in the background. 

On iOS (iPhone 8 or earlier): press the home button twice and swipe up on the game.

On iOS (iPhone X or later): from the home screen, swipe up from the bottom and leave your finger on the screen about halfway, then swipe up on the game. 

On Android: press the Recent Apps button and then press the X or swipe up on the game to close it.

3. Reload The Sims Mobile.

4. One of your Sims may have completed the blocked event or be in the event.

If they’re active in an event, let the event complete and you should be able to progress in your quest then. It may be the case that you don’t see any stars in the event to speed up the progress, that is also an issue we’re aware of.

Again we’re sorry for this trouble. Please let me know if this workaround worked for you.

Edited Nov 18th by EA_Mai: if these steps didn't work for you, please, try them again once your Sims have completed all events, once none of them are in any event.

Message 89 of 317 (5,114 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I tried it. No luck. And in fact it ended a relationship event with a standard hobby event. Something is still very much awry.
Message 90 of 317 (3,223 Views)