[Closed] Can’t move out sim upon retirement

by NeonBanana10

Original Post

Re: Can’t move out sim upon retirement...

[ Edited ]
Hero

@T21GymnastMom29 that's the way the game is reacting when we have a full household and we try to add a new family member.

As you mentioned, it's also asking to remove an NPC when a playable Sim is going to marry another playable Sim. This is wrong as we are not asking anyone to move in and the playable Sim won't take the place of an NPC when they get married. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 11 of 14 (1,044 Views)

★★ Novice

This happened to me for the first time a few days ago. I’ve also just discovered that while I was previously able to move out sims immediately after retirement, they are now being completely removed from my game. They used to move to the previous generation portrait but this one just vanished. Not to mention that I was forced to move out a baby to retire the same sim who has now disappeared. I’ve lost two sims this week and this has never happened.

Message 12 of 14 (905 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is not a bug. The dialogue box Household is full is a game feature introduced in February 2019 as mentioned in this EA Help article:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/aging-and-retirement-in-the-sims-mobile/

This is how retirement works now. Playable Sims become NPCs as they retire. When you have eight NPCs, the game will ask you to permanently remove one of them in order to make room for the Sim who is about to retire. 

FullHouseholdRetirement150519.jpg

The advantage of having a retired Sim at home is the possibility of doing the career and hobby mentoring with them. After a couple of days the retired Sim will be able to move out.

Retirement 2.jpg

The pop-up will also appear when you have a full household and try to add a new baby, or when you try to marry one of your playable Sims to a young NPC.

There is a bug report that covers other cases in which this pop-up should not appear. All of them involve marriage of playable Sims. 

You can find the bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Make-space-for-Sim-already-in-household/m-p/7998500/highl...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 13 of 14 (2,023 Views)

★★★ Guide

@NeonBanana10

I have not been playing as long and really do not keep NPCs around my house because all they do is exercise and not contribute to the household. 

Recently, I kept two retired Sims in my household (putting up with exercising 😒)

I am at level 50 and this has never been an option to move out a playable character since I have been playing (remember hasn't been long).

If I had a playable SIM, I always had to retire them, and then moved them out. I have 28 kids.

For my nonplaying SIMS, I could make them playable or move them out. Once I make them playable, I had to wait until they reached retirement before I could get rid of them, only way to do that was to retire them and then move them out.

Never had that many NPCs in my house that I got the popup that @SalixCat mentioned. It would drive me mad having that many NPCs (adults) in my house not making Simoleons.😲

Message 14 of 14 (691 Views)