Re: Can’t move out sim upon retirement...

by simmerdownMAL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Closed] Can’t move out sim upon retirement

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad pro
OS Version Just updated!
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) In the screenshot p...
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try retiring.
What do you expect to see? An option to move out upon retiring.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback I am using both mobile and WiFi and that should be an option as well.

I have to move out a sim to retire my sim because there is no option to move my sim out upon retiring,

Message 1 of 14 (3,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is not a bug. The dialogue box Household is full is a game feature introduced in February 2019 as mentioned in this EA Help article:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/aging-and-retirement-in-the-sims-mobile/

This is how retirement works now. Playable Sims become NPCs as they retire. When you have eight NPCs, the game will ask you to permanently remove one of them in order to make room for the Sim who is about to retire. 

FullHouseholdRetirement150519.jpg

The advantage of having a retired Sim at home is the possibility of doing the career and hobby mentoring with them. After a couple of days the retired Sim will be able to move out.

Retirement 2.jpg

The pop-up will also appear when you have a full household and try to add a new baby, or when you try to marry one of your playable Sims to a young NPC.

There is a bug report that covers other cases in which this pop-up should not appear. All of them involve marriage of playable Sims. 

You can find the bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Make-space-for-Sim-already-in-household/m-p/7998500/highl...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

View in thread

Message 13 of 14 (2,055 Views)

All Replies

This option should pop up a few days after retirement. Have you retired your Sims recently?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 14 (2,991 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Phantomlover1717 It isn’t a problem of retiring, but I have a full house and it’s making me move out one of my kids in order to retire my sims, rather than move out the retiring sim. If you look at my first screen shot, there is no option to move the sim out on the retiring screen. I had to move out a kid to retire her, just to move her out, and move out the rest of them who were retiring because I don’t keep elders in my house.

Message 3 of 14 (2,977 Views)

Hero

@NeonBanana10 we can have maximum eight non playable Sims. So, if you already have that number,  you will need to permanently remove one of them in order to make room for the Sim that you want to retire. 

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 4 of 14 (2,969 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SalixCat I have been playing this game forever now, I know how it works. This is a bug or something new. Refer to the image above. There has ALWAYS been an option to move out my sim upon retiring. Today this was not the case. I have always had a full house and had children waiting in line to become playable. I’ve had 12 always, and retired one (moved out the sim retiring upon retirement so I did not have to move out any of my kids) and moved the next one up. Always. Never had a problem. I have over 25 generations currently, and this was always how I did this. There are always two buttons, an option to retire, and an option to retire sim and move out. That option is gone. 

Again below is the image of my retiring sim. There’s only one button and no option to move her out today. This is not usually how this game works as I’ve stated previously.

Message 5 of 14 (2,964 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

94298F43-2C8B-42A4-860D-3F27D614B8CF.jpegThis is what I mean, I got this off of YouTube, and it was recently made into two buttons, I tried to find that screen shot but i don’t have the time right now. Anyways. I’m not sure what’s going on.

Message 6 of 14 (2,958 Views)

Hero

@NeonBanana10 Here's the screenshot with the button you miss. I know it was in the game some days ago when I took this screenshot.

The two screenshots at the bottom show how retirement is working atm. Is this a bug or a change? 

Retirement 180419.jpg

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 14 (2,950 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I feel like it might be a bug @SalixCat, because that button no longer pops up. Which then you really can only have 11 people in the house bc the last slot needs to be open if retirement is changed. 

Message 8 of 14 (2,947 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am having the same, exact, issue. I have one Sim I need to retire, but can't with no option to move the RETIRING SIM out.

I may add, it won't even let my other Sim get married without moving out a non-playable Sim...instead of the retiring one. 

Message 9 of 14 (2,701 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
@T21GymnastMom29 is your household also full?
Message 10 of 14 (2,689 Views)