[Solved] Can’t marry or ask NPC to move in

by brief_candles

Original Post

Re: [Open] Can’t marry or ask NPC to move in

★★★ Newbie

My player ID is 1003512185527 and I've been trying to move in Lizbeth Grady (Dominik Hudson's wife). Tech support told me to post the issue here. 

Message 41 of 84 (2,025 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @leolish3,

Do you have an empty space for your Sim in the bottom of the screen? Keep in mind you will need a free space to be able to ask them to move in.

Please, check that and let us know Standard smile
-Mai
Message 42 of 84 (1,959 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did at the time I originally presented this question but I was told it may be a while to fix this issue so I've added someone else to that slot now. 

Message 43 of 84 (1,954 Views)

EA app Team
Hi again @leolish3,

Strange, thanks for clarifying!

Without a free slot, moving her in is not going to be possible, as that's how the game works. However, when you are ready with an empty slot again, if you can't still move her, please, let us know.

It should be possible to move her if she is not an elder when you have space again Standard smile

-Mai
Message 44 of 84 (1,949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I too, am having trouble with this. My sim's trying to move in his 'More than Friends with Benefits' storyline NPC buddy named Derek Solis. They're at relationship level 8, but no amount of interactions friendly or flirty otherwise will get the ask to move in prompt. I have an open slot for an extra sim too.

Message 45 of 84 (1,914 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Silverpeal,

If the Sim is a NPC, then you will have to marry them in order to get the option to move them in. You will be asked after the wedding.

Sorry for the misunderstanding if this was not clear before, and thanks for the feedback!
-Mai
Message 46 of 84 (1,902 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My player ID is 1003337123831 and I am trying to move Tyler Ferguson into my house who's in a level 10 musical friendship with Azura LeBlanc.
Message 47 of 84 (1,868 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @AquaWolf3236,

Welcome to the forums! Standard smile

Is Tyler Ferguson another player's Sim? Does he have a blue plumbob in his head?

Do you have any empty spaces for a new Sim?

Thanks,
-Mai
Message 48 of 84 (1,844 Views)

★ Novice
I'm having the same problem. My relationship is level 10 and have all 3 marriage items, but no propose or move in option. Trying to marry Nestor Scholl. Player ID 1003532594577
Message 49 of 84 (1,771 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi I’m at level 10 with my soulmate and I can’t ask him to move in (although I have a free slot) not to marrry.

player ID 1003682342874

thanks.

Message 50 of 84 (1,744 Views)