[Closed] Can't continue A Cut Above Stylist Career

by JAAM101013

Original Post

[Closed] Can't continue A Cut Above Stylist Career

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6, iPad Air 2
OS Version 12.1.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003796024303
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a sim in the salon career. They are at level 9 of 10. When the sim is no events, I have the option to send them to work. Once I click either of the two options to send them and they arrive at the salon the bubble above the salon chair is missing. I just added a new player and for them I can the “join” career bubble on the salon chair.
What do you expect to see? The salon chair should show a pink bubble above it to continue working in the career.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6, iPad Air 2
OS Version 12.1.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003796024303
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a sim in the salon career. They are at level 9 of 10. When the sim is no events, I have the option to send them to work. Once I click either of the two options to send them and they arrive at the salon the bubble above the salon chair is missing. I just added a new player and for them I can the “join” career bubble on the salon chair.
What do you expect to see? The salon chair should show a pink bubble above it to continue working in the career.
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States
Additional feedback

OS Version 12.1.4
Connection Type Wifi
Country America
Additional feedback The first two pictures (male sim with short hair) show the salon bubble missing. The third picture shows the new sim (male with long hair) and that the bubble on the chair does appear.

Message 1 of 10 (2,540 Views)

Re: Salon Career No Way to Continue Working

Could you try putting the chair in storage and taking it out again?
Did you finish the related quest? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Rooted-in-Style-Quest-Walkthrough/td-p/7575760

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 10 (2,528 Views)

Re: Salon Career No Way to Continue Working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I did put the chair in storage and place it back with no resolve. I also finished the quest you referenced last week I believe and was able to work up until yesterday or earlier this week.

Message 3 of 10 (2,521 Views)

Re: Oh baby event

★ Novice

Also the event A Cut Above does not work.  It says complete the trending now career story to unlock the stylist career but I’ve already unlocked it 

Message 4 of 10 (2,251 Views)

@brittanie_eliz  I've moved your message to a bug report on that issue.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 10 (2,232 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@brittanie_eliz can you check your stories progress (sim info panel > all stories > career), does it have a green book with a white tick on the Trending Now story? 

Message 6 of 10 (2,206 Views)

★ Novice

It’s has a blue book

Message 7 of 10 (2,201 Views)

@JAAM101013 & @brittanie_eliz did this issue get resolved for you guys in the mean time?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 10 (1,956 Views)

I haven't seen any new reports or replies on this one so I'm closing this report. Please let me know if you're still seeing this issue, then I'll open it again.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 10 (1,558 Views)

Re: [Closed] Can't continue A Cut Above Stylist Career

★ Novice

I’m experiencing this issue - or similar to it. I started the event to complete chapter 5 and now I’m stuck there. When the event ended I think I got the rewards but it says I’m still in the event. She’s able to work all shifts but it also says she’s in the “Become Up-Do Guru” event. It’s been awhile, my other sims have completed careers or hobbies but no matter how many events the hairstylist does she doesn’t move to the next chapter the progress bar also doesn’t update. 

Message 10 of 10 (780 Views)