by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Open] Bad Graphics Quality

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Huawei Mate 20 Lite
OS Version 9.0.1
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Almost all the game's objects have really low resolution textures, all you need to do is join the game, zoom on something and see with your eyes.
What do you expect to see? Obviously an improvement.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country
Additional feedback

I really don't understand why the graphic of the game's objects is so poor, yet every items is taken directly from The Sims 4 which has a great graphic and texture are perfectly beautiful/well defined.

Then every time items are transferred to The Sims Mobile they become blurred and pixelated.

Frankly it is a really bad thing to see and I hope that one day it can be fixed/changed with an update.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a technical issues of the game. But I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one seeing this thing.

There's an example image, but almost every furniture is like that: 

190803_143024.jpg

Message 22 of 92 (7,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bad Graphic Quality

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

[Marking this post as solution for visibility - we are not considering this fixed]

Thank you all for the reports! We are investigating this issue.

We're still collecting device information for this issue. If you've noticed the graphics quality has decreased in the newest update compared to before, please post the device you're playing the game on, this will help our investigation. 

This issue should be fixed!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-Mobile-Update-September-11th-2019/m-p/8190193#M2...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 61 of 92 (7,940 Views)

All Replies

[Open] Bad Graphics Quality

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was so looking forward to this update but after updating my game and opening it the graphics quality is horrible, I never had this problem, the image of my game was perfect but now it looks like I need glasses to be able to see something clearly. I would like to know what may have happened and if this can be resolved in a future bug fix update. (In a group about the game, I asked the same question and other people also have the same problem).

Message 1 of 92 (7,714 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@erivanaragao17 which device do you play on? And can you share screenshots of how the game was before and one that shows how it is now? 

Message 2 of 92 (7,697 Views)

★★ Novice

I play on my LG K10 PRO, always with him. I don't have a game image before the upgrade, because I never imagined it would be necessary, but this image is my game currently (zoom to show that the image is not clear and you can see the city and CAS pixels are like this too ). I've been playing with the same device for a long time and it never happened but now my game has a worse graphic than the previous version (I say version because it happened after I updated the game but this may not be the problem). What may be happening?

Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 92 (7,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My Huawei Mate 20 Lite has a pixelated graphic too, that's noticeable especially in screenshot taken in live mode (in CAS seems to be better)

Message 4 of 92 (7,667 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@erivanaragao17 We're investigating it on our end, its interesting that it worked fine on the previous version Standard smile 

@Erintaiwa I've had reports that the graphics quality on that device was lower before today's update. Is it better, worse or the same after updating to today's update? 

Message 5 of 92 (7,656 Views)

★★ Novice

I also find it strange and thanks for trying to find a solution.

Message 6 of 92 (7,653 Views)

Graphics Quality Poor/pixelated on Android Samsung S10 Plus

★★★★ Apprentice

My game was crisp/clear and smooth but after the update the quality of the graphics/images has really been reduced. Why does this happen it happened on my iPad mini 5, now this, it's as if the renderer or anti anialising hasn't worked. Seems to happen after every big update. Shame you cant uninstall and roll back to the previous version of the game.

Message 7 of 92 (7,622 Views)

Re: Graphics Quality Poor/pixelated on Android Samsung S10 Plus

EA Live QV Team

@azzajk29 Which Android version are you running and do you have a before and after picture? And can you try restarting your phone?

Message 8 of 92 (7,609 Views)

Re: Graphics Quality Poor/pixelated on Android Samsung S10 Plus

★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruMaaike Hi unfortunately I didn't take one as I didn't know the game would do this, I'll try restarting phone.
Message 9 of 92 (7,608 Views)