[Open] Already own all items, causes not being able to fulfil quest or event

by BlueWizardRob

Original Post

[Open] Already own all items, causes not being able to fulfil quest or event

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X
OS Version ?
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy all of the items requested, then have a new quest appear that asks you to buy stuff (apparel, home collections, etc)
What do you expect to see? The game count the quest complete if we have already purchased everything.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback I just spoke to an EA technical advisor who asked me to post this here. I currently have 3 quests I cannot finish. One asks me to buy three new tops, but I have previously purchased all of the tops. Another asks me to complete a career collection for the home but I have previously purchased all of them and there are none left to buy. Most critically (and time sensitively) the Vlogger quest part 15 of 18 asks me to buy 3 new apparel items but I have already purchased them all. This means that I will be unable to complete the Vlogger quest.

IMG_6888.jpgIMG_6889.jpgIMG_6910.jpg 

Message 4 of 15 (1,100 Views)

Can't complete Quests; No items available

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Asus Zen Pad 3s
OS Version 6.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003472143620
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy all the tops and then give yourself a quest to buy a top
What do you expect to see? I don't expect to see Quests for things I can't cmplete
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States
Additional feedback

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Asus Zen Pad 3s
OS Version 6.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003472143620
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy all the tops and then give yourself a quest to buy a top
What do you expect to see? I don't expect to see Quests for things I can't cmplete
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States
Additional feedback

OS Version 6.0
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States
Additional feedback

Unless you make more things available for purchase, don't give us Quests we can't complete. I have bought every top offered. I'm Level 40 and I'm sure there are a lot of us that can't buy anything else. A one size fits all won't cut it. The game Quests need to be geared to our individual games.

Message 1 of 15 (1,220 Views)

Re: [Open] Can't complete Quests; No items available

Champion (Retired)

@Phantomlover1717 Please pass this on to the Powers Above in the The Sims Mobile Government 😉

I am here to eat crow and tell you I can complete my quests. I have relationship stories that I haven't completed yet and as long as there are tops available to buy I can eventually complete my quests...this time. At least for me it is solved. Pardon my cluelessness!!! 😮☺😋

Message 2 of 15 (1,337 Views)

Good to hear you got it fixed!! :eahigh_file:

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 15 (1,144 Views)

Re: Can't finish Vlogger (and other) quests: nothing left to buy

★★★★★ Expert

I did not post the 17 pictures it took to show every clothing item that I have purchased and that none are available, but I can do so if it helps.

Message 5 of 15 (1,077 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The problem is not fixed for me.  I have purchased all of the apparel and so I cannot finish the quest as there is nothing left for me to purchase.

Message 6 of 15 (1,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 15 (1,082 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Are you sure you copy pasted the correct link?  That one doesn't seem to relate.

Message 8 of 15 (1,055 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Good thinking there.  Glad you completed the event.

Message 9 of 15 (968 Views)

@BlueWizardRob hahaha indeed, well I think they've been merged in the end. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 15 (964 Views)