[Open] Ads not playing and giving rewards

by CreativeMBD

Original Post

Re: The sims mobile mailbox ads not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_DragonsEyehave DM’d you a link to YouTube showing a freezing ad. I will be taking the link down in 24 hours to protect my privacy. Please DM me following that if you still could use it. Thanks

Edit: I have taken the video down, @EA_DragonsEye. It had a lot of sensitive content in it because of loading screens. If it would be helpful please let me know and I’d be happy to relink it. Thanks!

Message 61 of 70 (1,568 Views)

Re: The sims mobile mailbox ads not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I have freezing ad video, it was linked from YouTube to Twitter to a DM. I really don’t know what I’m doing, that was the best I could do. I have now taken down both links. It was too dangerous. Anytime anybody wants it, it’s there. Guaranteed.

Also. Can’t find the developers post requesting further action from me on ads functionality data. I’ll search it. Maybe I’m just looking in the wrong place. 

Edit: Feb 27/21 I was. There are now two threads active on freezing or non playing ads. I didn’t realize that. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Mailbox-ad-icon-disappears-Ads-Not-Working/td-p/9976912/p...

Message 62 of 70 (1,533 Views)

Re: Ads not playing and giving rewards

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. Ads don't play and the icon disappears and a little later appears as if it wasn't clicked. I figured that while it's gone clicking on the knife stand will prompt it too I'm but clicking it just closes the prompt and does nothing. The bug has spilled to other ad prompts, but it doesn't block them 100% of the time.

Message 63 of 70 (1,457 Views)

Re: [Open] Ads not playing and giving rewards

★★ Apprentice
@Sera_Sims_Mobile Thank you, yes that did seem to work last time, for me though , mostly , I have to do it multiple times.
Yup a lot of patience, I just put off playing until it piles up and I can't store any more attempts.😣
Message 64 of 70 (1,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Sera_Sims_Mobile,@SalixCat, @EA_DragonsEye

This had worked last time,but this time ,even after doing it multiple times, the ad doesn't play .
And it's happening not only during STS, but also while collecting rewards, if it plays at all ,it glitches and reloads the game,not giving rewards.

Message 65 of 70 (1,216 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CreativeMBD Still works for me, but needs a lot more patience. Once i have to do more than 6 times.
I dont experience glitches nor reload
Message 66 of 70 (1,193 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I guess it just doesn't work sometimes, I had to move on after doing it multiple times, exiting and loading the game back ,and again going back and forth. This took me about 20-30 mins ,at each round. For me all that time wasted isn't worth it.

Message 67 of 70 (1,116 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CreativeMBD I got the same bug but when I get the video option I switch the app for few seconds and then come back to the game....after doing so the video starts....the only drawback is that I have to do it every round.
Message 68 of 70 (1,048 Views)

Videos

★★★ Novice

Some days my videos won’t play either does nothing or crashes system so I have to restart phone. Can’t get extra on task for watching or click on video on postbox etc. if I click on it during sweet task doesn’t play but does add.

Message 69 of 70 (876 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there...this has happened to me.  I tried resetting my advertising ID like you did but it still happens.  I get no ads for rewards in any of my games.

Message 70 of 70 (674 Views)