Re: Ads not playing and giving rewards

by Cyborg7ofDrone9

Original Post

Re: [Open] Ads not playing and giving rewards

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Player id- [player ID removed by EA_Neil]

happening to me on iOS, But only when the cat game ad plays. 🤨 not any other ad but the cat game. 🤔

if I shut the game down and play the event other ads are fine until the cat game ad plays and it happens again. 
is this the same ad that glitches for others or is it just me? 

Message 41 of 70 (1,369 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Stevev363 I have no ad buttons, anywhere. They came back for 1 day during the school event, but have gone again.
Message 42 of 70 (1,357 Views)

★ Guide

@redwingsgirl14  Thanks for the info, but fortunately after restarting my iPad the glitch is gone. I was able to finish 5 showdowns with no problems. 

Message 43 of 70 (1,314 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This was an issue I've had since March 2020, it's now July. What I noticed is that after playing for a certain length of time the ads stop playing until the game period is no longer expired. The times on the events in the STS can be bought to open them or they stay on a clock. Once the clock is refreshed you can compete with ads again. Ads have never played during an entire day of playing STS, the ads only play at 12 hour intervals or 8 hour intervals. In my experience.

Message 44 of 70 (1,274 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

August 10, 2020

I stopped getting Ads today.  
Not getting ANY for the 
STS  Dream Garage- August 3, 2020.  

I am also not getting the ads through my mailbox 

either. 

I click on them, but nothing happens.  
Really Frustrating with an STS Event going on right now.  

Would appreciate help to complete the STS Event.

Thx. ~ kat 

Playing on my iPad 

Message 45 of 70 (1,193 Views)

Hero

@katclawsx3 wrote:

August 10, 2020

I stopped getting Ads today.  
Not getting ANY for the 
STS  Dream Garage- August 3, 2020.  

I am also not getting the ads through my mailbox 

either. 

I click on them, but nothing happens.  
Really Frustrating with an STS Event going on right now.  

Would appreciate help to complete the STS Event.

Thx. ~ kat 

Playing on my iPad 

Are you only getting a black screen @katclawsx3 or do you get to play part of the ad?

Is this happening with all the ads?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 46 of 70 (1,162 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@SalixCat No black screen. I just clicked the ad, but nothing happened.
However, my game is back up & running now! 👍
Not getting ads has happened in the past to my mailbox, but this was the first time during a STS Event. So far, so good 😊
Thank you so much ~ kat
Message 47 of 70 (1,139 Views)

[ Edited ]

Player ID: [player ID removed by EA_Neil]

Yeah, I've been getting this for a while now. I'd say for at least the last couple of Sweet Treat Showdowns. When my ads stop working, it's during the showdown, with each mailbox, and after completing an activity (long, standard, short events, STS activities, and shifts at the eco workshop). Same as everyone else, when you click on the ad icon nothing happens.

Resetting my advertising ID makes it come back temporarily, but I'd have to remember to do that before each time I log in if I want it to work like before. I'd rather the game just work properly.

Thanks.

Message 48 of 70 (960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having same problem. Seemed to start after first playing Sweet Treat Showdown too but maybe that's because I attempt to watch more ads during the challenge. Then, video ads will stop working intermittently after playing a challenge even with my mailbox and also after completing events for extra awards.  Very frustrating because I could be further along by now.  I assume EA doesn't get any revenue from me because I can't watch videos for there impressions or ad clicks.  Player ID [player ID removed by EA_Neil]

Message 49 of 70 (772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Kipling [player ID removed by EA_Neil] my ads not working either ☹ please help

Message 50 of 70 (723 Views)