Re: Ads not playing and giving rewards

by OpalLeeD

Original Post

Re: [Open] Ads not playing and giving rewards

★★★★ Novice

I had this problem for a while, but I've fixed it. I'm on android and I went to phone settings>google>ads>reset advertising ID

My ads now work. There shouldn't be any negative effects. I think this would also work for iPhone users, although the steps to reset the advertising ID would be a bit different. 

Message 21 of 70 (6,396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Same problem since yesterday. Both the normal ones and the ones that you can press during the bake-offs.

The ad icons actually pop up, but when I click them to see one, no ad is shown and the ad icon pops up again after a couple of seconds

This has been an ongoing issue since a few weeks. But normally after closing and opening the game a few times, it would go away.

This time no. I tried everything: wifi, no wifi, reload the game, re-start the phone, reinstall the app.

Message 22 of 70 (5,139 Views)

@EA_Kipling i would but as of now,  i can watch videos just fine and get rewards. So i doubt you'll find anything now

Message 23 of 70 (5,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for me I can't get the ads to play anywhere. I was only able to watch 1 ad for the first time and then the next time it didn't show the ad but still have the rewards. But then the next day it I try to play an ad and it just acts as if I clicked the cancel button. It's been doing it for the past 3 days.

Message 24 of 70 (5,066 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

the ads are not working or playing on my iPhone either and this issue just started over this past weekend. My player ID is [Edited, please don't post your Player ID publicly].

Message 25 of 70 (4,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having a very similar issue. 
I will click on adds from the post boxes and either nothing plays at all, the game shuts down, an add plays and I cannot exit it or it goes to a blank screen. 
Player ID: [Edited, please don't post your Player ID publicly]

Playing on an iPad. 

Message 26 of 70 (4,905 Views)

bug report

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Vivo Y91
OS Version Vivo rev 1.19.1
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How to fix the problem? My ads cant play when i clicked it. And of course no rewards
What do you expect to see? Ads
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Other
Country philippines
Additional feedback

1. Sorry i don't know what is bug but my ads just don't play and i have no rewards it's sad cause it helps me a lot ...
Message 27 of 70 (4,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here... Player ID [Admin - Removed player ID. This is personal info that we would not want to be shared publicly.]

Message 28 of 70 (4,798 Views)

Ads have disappeared from my world

★★★★ Novice

For about a week or so i have not had any in-game ads.  Normally this would be a welcome glitche, but when trying to complete Sweet Treat event and there's no ads to watch on the knife block, it becomes hard and discouraging. 

I also don't see the ads play button on any mailboxes. Neither at my house nor in areas of the town.

Message 29 of 70 (4,780 Views)

★ Apprentice

@SelenaSimsMobile wrote:

I had this problem for a while, but I've fixed it. I'm on android and I went to phone settings>google>ads>reset advertising ID

My ads now work. There shouldn't be any negative effects. I think this would also work for iPhone users, although the steps to reset the advertising ID would be a bit different. 

You are really good @SelenaSimsMobile

Thank You.  I have tried what you said 3 times now and each time it has gotten the ads working again.  EA needs to hire you !!!

Message 30 of 70 (4,739 Views)