Re: [Open] Ads not playing and giving rewards

by whackywhippet234

Original Post

[Open] Ads not playing and giving rewards

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Redmi k20 pro
OS Version MIUI 10.3.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004294953171
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While collecting rewards,after the Sims complete events and during Sweet treat showdown
What do you expect to see? When there is an option to watch ads for extra rewards ,the ads don't play and the extra rewards are not given. In the STS the knife stand that gives the option to watch ads to get extra rewards don't play out and give rewards
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Asia
Country India
Additional feedback When I click on the watch ads while collecting rewards the ads don't play and goes straight to giving normal rewards. During STS ,when I click on the reward to watch an ad ,the ads don't play and reward just pops up again on the kitchen knife stand.

This has been happening since the current STS has started

Message 1 of 70 (9,964 Views)

Re: Ads not playing and giving rewards

Do the ads in other locations play for you?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 70 (9,889 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No they don't, but the normal ads do give the rewards even when they don't play but the one's during STS and other events/ gigs don't.

Message 3 of 70 (9,872 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue, and like the author of this thread, it started a few weeks ago during the last Sweet Treat Challenge, but it seemed to straighten itself out midway through.. This time around,  it's back to not working at all.  You click the icon and it disappears for a few seconds, then comes back as if it was never clicked.  I paid for the sweet treat ticket, not sure if that isn't causing the issue.   I live in USA and my phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

Message 4 of 70 (9,825 Views)

Hero
@TickleYu Could you please post your player-ID? The dev team will need it to investigate this issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 70 (9,798 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue.... Ads don't play and they don't give rewards 

PLAYER ID : 1005206579054

Message 6 of 70 (9,785 Views)

This has been a thing thats been going on and off for me. It seams like every time i complain about it, it "fixes" itself until months later when watching the ad either gives me no rewards and/ or refreshes the game.  At the moment of typing this, i *do not* have this bug. A couple of days/ months from now, it might change.

Message 7 of 70 (9,740 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@CreativeMBD This is sooooo frustrating and makes it extremely hard to complete the event happening!😣
Message 8 of 70 (9,591 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mines Jay Lavati and my adds arent working either!

Message 9 of 70 (9,590 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sadly Frown I am done with the event and I watched gift after gift pass by. Mine never did get fixed other then a few hand outs here and there,  Very Few.

I do feel a bit jipped as I paid for the ticket.,  I did what was asked and gave my info and player ID, Was I suppose to be contacted, or was the bug just supposed to be fixed..  I am not understanding this process,    Was I suppose to do more??

I sure do hope that the next event, this is not an issue for me or for others as well. Raised eyebrow

Message 10 of 70 (9,076 Views)