Re: Security Issue - Ads Open AppStore automatically

by GracieSeven

Original Post

[Open] - Ads Open AppStore automatically

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone SE
OS Version 12.4.2
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Allow an ad to play
What do you expect to see? [Happens with about 1/2 of the ads that are shown. Currently it’s the Clockmaker ad.] After clicking play and letting the ad to play to the end it automatically opens the App Store without requesting or receiving permission. Note: I do not touch the screen while the ad is playing.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Serious Security Issue: Sims Mobile provides in game boasts if you watch an ad. After some of the ad plays to the end it will automatically open the App Store without requesting or receiving permission. ** Note: I do not touch the screen or interact with the ad, the App Store simply opens. There are a few ads that do this. Currently it’s ‘Clockmaker’

I included a few screenshots: the ad, the transition to the App Store opening, and the App Store page for the ad. (I reported this issue to Apple, but they said this is an EA security issue since they host the ads)

Message 1 of 7 (1,927 Views)

@fartsylaroo your report has been passed on to the right team. Angel

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (1,831 Views)

★★★ Pro
@fartsylaroo this happens to me all the time. The ads are connected to Google Play and if you press the wrong button it sometimes happens. The only way that it can go wrong is if it downloads the game by itself. Which never happens to me ever. In Google Play you have to hit install. I usually just go back to Sims mobile after I close Google Play and I'll get my ad Rewards. I don't have apple play, but I would think that you would have to press install in order to make purchases or install the game. I hope this makes you feel less stressed out, but it's not really a security breach because they are not making purchases to your Apple account.
Message 3 of 7 (1,823 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @givememore86 @fartsylaroo @Phantomlover1717 ! Thanks for alerting us of this situation, we will investigate this issue!

Message 4 of 7 (1,814 Views)

★★ Guide

These ads from Vungle keeps opening my App Store without my permission. I reported this in-game yesterday but I am still seeing the ads. It is very frustrating. Please could this be looked into?

Message 5 of 7 (1,668 Views)

Hero
@GracieSeven The team is aware of this issue. Thanks for your report.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 6 of 7 (1,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SalixCatThank you! As you probably already know, I am not the only one experiencing this so it is a relief that the team is aware of this issue.

Message 7 of 7 (1,631 Views)