Re: [Open] - Sim busy even though not doing anything

by sunnydy12

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@SalixCat I can't move them to another lot because "this sim is busy."

Another annoying side effect showed up today. If an active sim is in an event and their risky action happens to show up on the "busy" passive sim, the active sim cannot perform the risky action.

This is particularly annoying, since risky actions already have problems that don't appear to be getting fixed (ie: popup tells me they are ready for risky action, but it doesn't show up unless I move to a different location and then back to event location; risky action won't show up at all, even if I change locations; having to spend 20+ energy in event before getting risky action option, etc)
Message 11 of 50 (1,524 Views)

Hero
@beecatt Yes, several issues that need to be fixed 😯 Thanks for answering.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 12 of 50 (1,488 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @beecatt !Is this sim one that you had  on your game and you removed it and came back? Could you DM me your player id so I can further investigate this issue? Thanks!

Message 13 of 50 (1,469 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_DragonsEye No, I have never removed this sim. Only made them active/passive.

I think this issue is related to a glitch I've been having on occasion since the update back in Dec or Jan:
- finish an event (event A), start new event (event B), close game
- open game: sim is in event A
- complete event A, try to start event B: event B is disabled as though sim is already in event
- close and restart game: event B is now available

I think that this "busy" sim was in the middle of this glitch when I made them passive, and I didn't notice because event A and event B were both cooking events, and I didn't try to start a new event before making them passive, so I didn't see that the event was improperly disabled. Now it seems the sim is stuck in passive because they are stuck in an event that isn't even happening (they are always at the stove, looking in the fridge, checking the microwave, etc).

I will DM with my player id shortly
Message 14 of 50 (1,454 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can't make my passive sims active, she is my favorite sims, how to solve this ? 

Message 15 of 50 (1,332 Views)

Hero

@sunnydy12 wrote:

I can't make my passive sims active, she is my favorite sims, how to solve this ? 

@sunnydy12 this thread is about not being able to interact with active Sims. Please open a new bug report, describe the issue you experience and attach images that can help us understand the problem. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 16 of 50 (1,312 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having the same issue, with my passive sims randomly "starting events" without being prompted and then getting stuck (because there's no actual event to be completed). So far it's happened to two sets of my passive sims as of yesterday, both of which had completed a relationship story with each other in the past week.

i managed to resolve the glitch with the first set of event-locked sims by removing one of the locked sims from the family, so they were definitely "in an event" together.

however, i don't want to do that with either member of the second pair (both of whom started reading as "in an event" immediately after I removed that first sim, which seems to indicate that i didn't actually solve whatever root glitch is causing this?); they're two of my main sims, with tons of activity logged on each of them, and i'd hate to lose that - especially if it wouldn't actually fix the core issue. 

Has anyone found a workaround for this? is there a way to force-close events, maybe? i can't make any of the 'problem sims' active or even call them out of the house (even tapping them where they appear onscreen doesn't register - i have to manually trigger a simple face-to-face interaction via an active sim's "contacts" page, and obviously i can't start any actual hangouts with them while they're "in an event"). i'm not sure there's a way to fix this without a technical patch, but i'd be grateful to hear anyone's insight on the issue!

Message 17 of 50 (1,302 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I already removed the sims that made my passive sims busy, break my heart though because she is my sims retired mother, thankfully they can still interact or do event, hope their relation will not disappear. Really hope that any relationship our sims have will never disappear again.

Hope there are other solution than to remove the other sims like I just did, I already try to have other sims interact with one of them to break their event but not working..

Message 18 of 50 (1,281 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@FinnKimbrel and @sunnydy12, please could you make a separate report so I can follow up in the proper place and different types of bugs do not get mixed by players either as @SalixCat  indicated

Message 19 of 50 (1,246 Views)

Re: Sim busy even tough not doing anything

★ Novice

Can we trade sims so it will work? But i want it bacm

Message 20 of 50 (1,211 Views)