Re: Only one sim can be in the acting career. (GF)

by Gednaa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Only one sim can be in the acting career. (GF)

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Lifestyle, Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout, Kids Room, Toddler, Fitness, Laundry Day, My first Pet, Tiny Living, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -
What happens when the bug occurs? Only one sim in my household can be in the acting career, otherwise there are lots of practise scenes options missing, which is crucial for doing well at the acting gig. Also more than one actor in the career causes them to not be able book any gigs at all!
What do you expect to see? All 8 sims, if I choose to be in the acting career with all options open to them to practise. That's why I got Get Famous, for the acting career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Had to open a new thread as I was down to two actors in the career and it was marked as solved...

...Since then I'm down to one actor and it wouldn't surprise me if his options disappear for doing prep acting tasks. A I bought GF for the acting career, not glittery, tacky clothes that make my sim into a big-headed idiot, but to actually have my sims acting in a rota system so that they all worked hard for their money, got some accolade for it and got good at their jobs.  All had an income (poorly paid IMO compared to most other jobs) and a job that they and I enjoyed because I could go with them, enjoy the virtual feel of a studio and acting career and have the stress of getting them a gold every time.  Also more than one actor in the career causes them to not be able book any gigs at all!

How much longer have I got before my only remaining sim has to quit?  I have no idea what to do with the 7 other sims.  They've got everything a person could ever want in life, but they still get bored.  apart from going out clubbing or painting that's all there is to keep them happy.  I don't want a bunch of posers, living in a big mansion showing off to the paparazzi.  I want good hard working actors who are committed to their career for life, just as actors are in RL. Sure they can write music, but that takes far too long like nearly a whole sim day!

A lifetime achievement award should be implemented and the awards should be once a year, just as in RL, then their award would be worth the effort and give them better moodlets.  As it is, they rock up to the awards, look bored, collect award to add to the well over 200 they already have and then go home wondering why they feel bored. So much could be improved...

But to reiterate my main reason for posting.  Why can I now only have one actor in the career, is this by design that you can't have all 8 sims acting (as I've asked before and had no answer to) and when will I be able to get more than one sim back into the career they loved?  It's been very sad quitting 7 of my sims. I even tried moving 4 to a different household, but no change, and besides I wouldn't want to play more than one house with actors in it, it's not do-able.  This bug has always been there, I hadn't realised that there were more options for the prep tasks, just used to cancel and get another gig or not do the prep tasks..  Then I decided I had to come to this forum!  Please, Devs, help me with this.  Get Famous isn't working, I've done everything, cleared my cache, taken out mods, tested till I got two back into the career, reinstalled the game... now this, down to just one!  It's the only pack I play, the rest I got for clothes and hair, make-up etc...  I'm getting the feeling that next time it's due for a new gig, all the options aren't going to be there for the one remaining sim.  These sims are not ready for retiring to Sulani yet.  Holidays are nice, but they want to work as actors for the rest of their lives.  It's their vocation. (just like in RL)

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (1,162 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

Well, if anyone is reading this, I just wanted you to know that I found that even without all the prep options, my sims can do all gigs but Melodies of the City.  So I'll live with that and mark this as solved.  Would still like to know why this bug is happening or if it's by design.  Thanks.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,016 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Now my one sim hasn't got all the acting options so had choose him a gig that he could carry out the prep taks for.  Frown

Message 2 of 6 (1,145 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Started a new household with new sims and they can't get all the options to prep either.  Maybe I'll try moving them to a different world, but they SHOULD be in Del Sol as actors.  PLEEEAAASE will anybody reply or have an idea what to do.  I have Get Famous and how can we get famous by showing up at gigs without prep tasks completed!  I'm on my knees now begging.  You know I've tried without mods, you know I've cleared cache etc. etc.   This is totally ruining my game.  All I can do is Tournament of Honour  or Captain Sigma for one actor in each household.  Tired, desperate and sad that Get Famous is unplayable now.  Thanks, if anybody can shed some light on this!

Message 3 of 6 (1,110 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Update.  I've moved some of my sims to Sulani and the one that was in the acting career has now got all the options to prep!  Something weird is happening in del Sol!  I'm going to see if I can add anymore to the acting career and will let you know.  (if anybody is reading this and can help me with this terrible problem!)  Being in Sulani is not good for Get Famous, but looks like I'll have to cope with it.

Message 4 of 6 (1,097 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Still in the same situation in Sulani.  Looks like Get Famous is broken and I really don't know what to do, except retire them all and live in Sulani with no job.  Even one sim can't be in the acting career and I can't keep choosing the same gig time after time, just so that he can Complete his prep work.  Either nobody knows, or this is being ignored???

Message 5 of 6 (1,065 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well, if anyone is reading this, I just wanted you to know that I found that even without all the prep options, my sims can do all gigs but Melodies of the City.  So I'll live with that and mark this as solved.  Would still like to know why this bug is happening or if it's by design.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 6 (1,017 Views)