Platform:Xbox Series X
Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? IllMr Harris
Date/time issue occurred 8/21/2022 between 5:30 PM and 7:30 PM CT
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
What is your Franchise League Name? ILLMR HARRIS_2
Summarize your bug Yesterday we had multiple consistent issues that made franchise unplayable. We are a 2 human player league in the same division. Simulating up to week 5 worked great. Everything afterwards has been awful. • We seem to be in a loop between week 14 and week 17. We do our tasks and then simulate up until week 17 where we play each other head to head. In preparing for that game, without fail, we are disconnected from the franchise. When we log back in, we are at week 14. • We are randomly disconnected from the franchise • At times when we advance the week, our games get stuck in a loop on the "advancing the week" loading screen, forcing us to restart our games. Sometimes progress is lost when we get back on (this happened before we hit the week 14 loop as well). • Depth charts keep resetting themselves despite no new injuries or roster changes and manual management being turned on. • We tried restarting our Madden clients, Xbox's, and even internet connections to no avail.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play franchise mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Progress is lost and must be replayed. Game must be restarted. We are unable to play head to head matchups.
What do you expect to see? EA to finally test and bug fix a game before launch and not fail the first time it tries to implement new features. It's a shame the game was released in this state with Madden's face on it and that I paid $100 for it. Great way to honor him by releasing a broken game. Been playing this mode loyally for years, dealing with lack of updates year after year, just to have the mode broken the first time there's a major update. Apologies for the grief, but as a lover of Madden and a software developer, I wish I could just fix all of this myself.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

1. Please fix Madden 23. I had high hopes for this game but my favorite mode is unplayable.
Message 1 of 16 (1,428 Views)

Re: Online Franchise Mode Constantly Disconnecting, Resetting, and Hanging

★★★★★ Newbie

Same! I’m doing a rebuild and I’ll get the the 2024 FA period and both times it said “servers lost” and then when I go back in I’m in the 3rd round of the 2023 draft! It’s happened 3 times and now I’ve given up.

Message 2 of 16 (1,395 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the exact issue as you, keeps resetting me back to 3rd round. quite frustrating 

Message 3 of 16 (1,350 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue for me, except I can't even get out of pre-season week 1 let alone edit my teams roster or set a depth chart. Franchise is unplayable right now because of this. 

Message 4 of 16 (1,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KHarris75 Yup same exact issue here. I’ve played week 3 four times and it keeps throwing me back to week 2. It’s so frustrating to see them implement new features into Franchise that make it look like they care about the game mode but then it just breaks the game.
Message 5 of 16 (1,325 Views)

★★ Novice
@KHarris75 Unfortunately this was a huge problem in 22 that they never addressed. I’m
Running a 32 man CFM, and the server is tells users when they join their already a member even though they’re not. I don’t think EA knows how to fix this problem. I just don’t get how they could promote CFM so much and still have this issue. No offense to the moderators In here , but they don’t have the answers. They escalated this last year and it still isn’t fixed.
Message 6 of 16 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@antoine199023 My field pass competitive and headliners all give me the same error, unable to retrieve objectives progression information from EA servers at this time. I've been stuck at level four for over 10 hours and I've done almost every solo available.
Message 7 of 16 (1,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup. Having the same problem too. We have made a new franchise 5 or 6 times. We sim one year, do the offseason, get to pre-season, leave, come back, and we are back in the draft or end of first year. Super annoying. I don't play Madden for anything except franchise. So if I cant play franchise, I just wont buy it anymore. Hope to see this patched on first title update or sooner!

Message 8 of 16 (1,268 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same issue for me on Series X

Message 9 of 16 (1,252 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, everyone.

This is an issue we're aware of and investigating. Please keep an eye on our official channels for updates. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 16 (1,194 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help