Ones and Threes won't matchmake

by 30ff13b480795bc4fcdeb9fcb5a651c3

Original Post

Ones and Threes won't matchmake

Product: NHL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to find a game of ones or threes drop-in.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game stays at the matchmaking screen. The button to back out goes away. I'm stuck. It would eventually time out after a few minutes. This happened in the Beta as well
What do you expect to see? A game
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Ones, Threes
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 06:25 PM
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Dj RayBear
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

It happened in the Beta as well. I used to play ones and Threes all the time in nhl 19. My friends I play with say they can still play. I can run EASHL games in the beta, haven't had a chance to try it now. Please help

Message 1 of 20 (995 Views)

Re: Ones and Threes won't matchmake

It could just come down to there not being too many people playing those modes (most likely focusing on HUT).

I played Eliminator mode and was completely stuck trying to start the finals match - according to the PSN trophy list 0% earned that trophy so maybe it purposely locks you out? Unlikely but you never know.

Have you tried doing a power cycle of your Xbox and even or switch to using a wired connection? It sucks that you have to lose valuable trial time just sitting there.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 20 (955 Views)

@TTZ_Dipsy Thanks for the reply. My default is wired. I also tried hotspot through my phone as well as my neighbor's internet. I've also tried a direct connection without my router.

Just got back from the hurricane evacuations, so everything is definitely power reset.

Last night one time I noticed when the back button disappeared I could actually hear someone over the microphone. It's as if I'm in the game but the screen doesn't transition to the actual game.

I have no clue. I can't really imagine it's something on my end since it's both the beta and this that do it. I played some ones on NHL 19 just to make sure I wasn't going crazy.
Message 3 of 20 (941 Views)

@30ff13b480795bc4fcdeb9fcb5a651c3

Even though numbered titles are very similar the coding is heavily altered so I don't doubt 19 runs like a dream while 20 may not - I had nonstop issues with Destiny 1 but never had any with D2 for example.

How old is your Xbox? If it's a launch system it might explain that odd hang up you had; I'm always late to the party with my day 1 PS4.

I'm not sure how it's done on Xbox but try restoring your licenses - it's a long shot but easy to do; might fix something either on NHL or the EA Access app (in regards to permissions).

Drawing a blank after that so you might need to contact support at
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Please note that it's now 3 days after the launch of the trial so I don't expect many overall players, let alone ones who are playing Chel modes; HUT will probably be the most populated of whats left so you might need to just stick to that until full launch, sorry I couldn't help much

Message 4 of 20 (930 Views)

@TTZ_Dipsy Thanks again. Xbox is fairly new, it's a One X. Maybe two years old.

I'll wait until the release is out before trying anything else. I'll look into the license stuff as well, but I don't really know where to start.
Message 5 of 20 (924 Views)

I just looked at a message board and there doesn't appear to be a restore/refresh option on Xbox

Message 6 of 20 (919 Views)

Not to hate on tech support guys, but being in the IT business myself I'm gonna assume they just go through a checklist to solve problems, and this seems a little more complicated.  I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Message 7 of 20 (901 Views)

FWIW I still can't play Ones of Threes mode even after the release. Even on different connections. This is incredibly frustrating, as I literally can't play half the game I bought. 

Message 8 of 20 (859 Views)

This time it just says I've been removed from dressing room when trying ones mode

Message 9 of 20 (852 Views)

@TTZ_Dipsy Hey, so I created a temporary account on my xbox (fortunately just a dollar for a month) and I was able to get into a Ones game immediately.

The only difference I could see was I had to create an EA account and sign into it. It also gave me a tutorial-like part to pin tiles which I know didn't happen before.

Is there a way to reset my EA settings or sign out of it?
Message 10 of 20 (835 Views)