Re: One year later, still same bugs.

by SerDagron

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ChiraaKitteh wrote:

@Valhalla-striderOne thing I notice from the dxdiag file. Don’t use DirectX12, the game requires DirectX11.

Also, how is is the bufferbloat on your broadband connection? Not sure how common it is in Europe to buffer users, but it’s very common in the US, especially on UP channels going to the servers.

I'm not sure how to make sure if that's not the case, is there a website or application that can help?

I've done a simple test of full speed download and full speed upload while pinging google.com -t and ping times remained the same for the duration of both up and down.

Edit: just so you know what we are dealing with,  check attachment.

Message 11 of 18 (810 Views)

@ChiraaKitteh  not my OP I have no problem with the game, just gave the wrong advice.

@SerDagron  not at all.... And I know I am not the only one not reading properly...Wink

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 12 of 18 (788 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Valhalla-strider Yeah, I often forget to delete the @ when I’m actually replying to the thread, and not the last post specifically.
Message 13 of 18 (760 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Milvvo
https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2015/04/measure-your-bufferbloat-new-browser-based-tool-from-ds...

Not sure if this works in the EU, but worth checking.

As far as changing to DirectX11 from 12, you need to go to your video driver and select it. Let me find a link that shows you how to accomplish this.
Message 14 of 18 (756 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ChiraaKitteh  I'm not sure there is a way to specifically tell your system what DX vresion to use. Had a look through nVidia's driver settings I couldn't find anything like that. Did a bit digging through Google and DXDiag though and, as I understand it, as long as you've got the relevant DX distribution and DLL's installed then games should use whatever version it needs.

My DXDiag (and Milvvo's) list all DX version as supported

Under "Display > Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1"

Correct me if I'm wrong but, in theory, if the game was programmed to use DX 11 then it will use DX 11 regardless if you have DX 12 installed providing you've got the relevant redistributables installed. Don't know if there's any way to really test this for certain but my system has DX 12 and I have no problems running Anthem (or any other game, old or new). That being said, if you do find a way to force your system to use DX 11 then it could be worth testing. I don't see it making any real difference but I could be wrong Wink

With regards to bufferbloat (nice tool btw, gonna have bookmark that!), I tested mine just out of curiosity got an average of around +400ms bloat on upload. Might be a little high but seems to be fine for me, I've never had any problems loading into games in Anthem. Would be interesting to see what results Milvvo gets though.

Message 15 of 18 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SerDagron Re DirectX, I might be remembering something with Win7, I only recently upgraded to Win10 (I know, I know, but it wasn’t broke, so I didnt fix it haha).

I have terrible bufferbloat even now with AT&T, previously I had to buy a router with QoS options so I could be sure to never get to my max UP bandwidth. Getting buffered like that had cause me and about 1/2 my 20 man raid team to disconnect on pull  in an mmo raid I played. Needless to say, we didn’t get much done til some folks addressed the issue. It’s like AT&T overnight decided to buffer everyone... and the hardware they ship typically doesn’t have QoS options. I just got the new router, turned off the router part of the the modem/router the ISP provided, set the UP bandwidth to about 10% less than my max rate and I was good to go. Didn’t even cost that’s much, the QoS options were very simple on the new router, but it solved the issue, so I was happy and could raid again. I think my bufferbloat at the time was 1800 to 3000, or something terrible like that. The game servers just didn’t get info from me in a timely manner so thought I’d DC'd. 

When i have connection issues I blame AT&T, because they’re AT&T haha.

Message 16 of 18 (715 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ChiraaKitteh  Yeah can't fault you for sticking with Win 7 haha. As you say if aint broke, don't fix it Wink Personally I upgraded in Win 10 as soon as 'cuz it was free so I've not used 7 in several years so yeah it may have been a Win 7 limitation or something.

That's some serious bloat you had there. It honestly never occurred to me to check this kind of thing before (I'm not a full fledged network engineer but I've got a fair amount of IT experience) so thanks again for linking that tool. I do get the occasional random disconnect in some online games when I know that I still have internet connectivity so I might try looking into reducing that bufferbloat.

Message 17 of 18 (697 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Milvvo  Random question but when you manage to load into an area, for those first couple seconds does your Javelin appear with the default skin or does it show your customised look?

Message 18 of 18 (686 Views)